• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hi! Please give me advice! Moritz, 28 from Hamburg

LemyasSohn

Time of past OR future Camino
2016 and probably 2024
Hi!
I guess walking the camino again at this point in my life is a great idea (I feel like my roof is falling on my head, cant see Hamburg no more, I am getting mentally ill to be honest) and I am an adventurer by nature.
My first question: I am working on a software project, that hopefully will make me an independent App-Entrepreneur - but I can work on it anywhere - what are your thoughts on bringing my work to the camino? Its pretty inappropriate, isnt it? (But it is about humans and will definitely do little positive impact on humanity).
Second question: I already walked the Camino del Norte. Should I walk the Frances then? I also feel like I would like to walk the Levante. I would rather be with fewer people than with crowds and I cant spend much money, 20€/day max., but as I said I do not know the Camino Frances yet.
I appreciate your advice and all of you have a good 2024! ✝️☮️💟

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Welcome to the forum 😊If you are doing a less travelled route, and need wifi for your work, you may find it challenging to do your work in more remote sections as wifi is not always available, even on the well travelled Frances. Free Wifi is given by the goodwill and ability of the albergue to provide. With your current budget, donativos would be a good option and/or municipal albergues, however not all or many have wifi available. If you can plan for your own wifi (either using your cell, if you plan to bring one, as a hotspot) or can work remote than this becomes a non issue. As far as working while on the camino, many do, and this should not bother anyone unless you have sound on late at night. 😉 I for one see nothing inappropriate about it.

Other members will guide and are far more knowledgeable than I to help you choose which route based on your desire for fewer people. I walked the Frances in a fairly busy start and finish and I was as quiet and on my own as I wanted or needed to be. As someone who has bouts of depression, sometimes just being near people can be uplifting 😊 giving you a choice of how social you want to be.

Buen camino Moritz and congrats on your software development app. I will send positive energy your way for sun to come into your heart and many sunny days on your camino. ❤️🌻

Last edited:
Well it is possible, and yes maybe it could also be inspiring for your work depending on what kind of App it is. You would have to pick and choose the places you stay in to dedicate to your work.

Re crowds, it will depend on when you travel. The CF is magical. And sometimes it is the people that inspire you as much as anything else.

I think that 20€ a day is quite tight though, but I guess this will be dependant on how long a Camino you are looking to walk?

Whichever route you choose I hope it helps you. Many people have been in the same situation as you (I certainly was and still am tbf), and solace can certainly be found in walking a Camino. My CF was the best and most free I had felt for a long time. It certainly cemented my belief that there is more to life than we know.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Well it is possible, and yes maybe it could also be inspiring for your work depending on what kind of App it is. You would have to pick and choose the places you stay in to dedicate to your work.

Re crowds, it will depend on when you travel. The CF is magical. And sometimes it is the people that inspire you as much as anything else.

I think that 20€ a day is quite tight though, but I guess this will be dependant on how long a Camino you are looking to walk?

Whichever route you choose I hope it helps you. Many people have been in the same situation as you (I certainly was and still am tbf), and solace can certainly be found in walking a Camino. My CF was the best and most free I had felt for a long time. It certainly cemented my belief that there is more to life than we know.
I woul allow at least 25 euros per day. I was able to do this in the winter. Plan to cook your own meals most days.

You can give all of yourself to your camino, or you can give all of yourself to working on your app but I don't think both.. maybe you should choose just one for now if you feel your roof is coming in on top of you? Can you put your project on hold for a month or two and let yourself go?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back