Hi I’m peter, Sarria forward

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
D

Deleted member 56069

Peter, my wife and I have walked that section twice in April, once in 2014 and once in 2016. This section was part of longer Camino's we were on. Once you do some further readings on this site, you will see some say it is too crowded or commercialized. This has not been my experience. Since you plan March or April it looks from your post, it will not be crowded.
Lots of facilities and places to stop. Depending on how long many kilometres you plan to walk, you have all kinds of options of places to stay.
It's a great walk, you will not be disappointed .

Kanga

Veteran Member
Jun 2, 2005
Sydney, Australia
www.jillhill.com.au
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
@Peter Knezevich the Sarria to Santiago section is my favourite - and I've walk from SJPDP quite a few times. So, enjoy. May your camino bring you joy.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

linkster

¡Nunca dejes de creer!
Jul 15, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
www.facebook.com
You will be as excited the first day out of Sarria as you would be the first day out of St. Jean. The last day walking into Santiago you will feel elated ... it doesn't matter where you start. Just put one foot in front of the other and enjoy every step. Keep the faith my brother!

Waka

Veteran Member
Apr 11, 2015
Dorset England
Some but not all, and other routes too.
It doesn't matter where you'er starting point is you have a fantastic journey ahead of you, the surprises are stunning. Remember to just go with the flow, if it gets crowded (as it sometimes does) then just accept that many other pilgrims are enjoying and seeing what you are.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Peter Knezevich

cf 2018
May 24, 2017
miami
Peter, my wife and I have walked that section twice in April, once in 2014 and once in 2016. This section was part of longer Camino's we were on. Once you do some further readings on this site, you will see some say it is too crowded or commercialized. This has not been my experience. Since you plan March or April it looks from your post, it will not be crowded.
Lots of facilities and places to stop. Depending on how long many kilometres you plan to walk, you have all kinds of options of places to stay.
It's a great walk, you will not be disappointed .
Given condition will probably go sooner January rather than later

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Sailor

Donante Vitalicio
Aug 7, 2015
Camino Infinito
Good morning, Peter. The Brierley guide breaks the Sarria to Santiago de Compostela in five stages, my recommendation is to take as long as you want [there are plenty of albergues, some of them only five or six kilometers apart, if you need albergues recommendations please ask] and then stay a couple of days in Santiago de Compostela. Good luck with your planning and execution. God Bless you and your family, la luz de Dios alumbrará tu camino.

Peter Knezevich

cf 2018
May 24, 2017
miami
Given condition will probably go sooner January rather than later
Good morning, Peter. The Brierley guide breaks the Sarria to Santiago de Compostela in five stages, my recommendation is to take as long as you want [there are plenty of albergues, some of them only five or six kilometers apart, if you need albergues recommendations please ask] and then stay a couple of days in Santiago de Compostela. Good luck with your planning and execution. God Bless you and your family, la luz de Dios alumbrará tu camino.
thank you

Reactions: yaying
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.