• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hola Perigrino/as!

Griffin57

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
October 2013 StJPdP to Burgos
September 2014 Burgos to SdC
Setember 2015 StJPdP to Burgos
Hello all!
I'm Sarah from Blackpool, UK. I have been dreaming of walking my Camino for a long time and thought I would have to wait till I retired. However I have managed to secure 4 weeks leave together next year probably April. So decided to walk from Burgos to SDC. I was wondering what to do with this years leave in October to prepare for next year? I remember reading something I think on this Forum or perhaps Brierly? The best preparation for The Camino is ...... The Camino itself! So with a little trepidation but much joy I have decided to walk from SJPP to Burgos this year!Only hope I'll be ready? Any and all advice welcome. Thanks in advance! Thank you also to all the wonderful experienced folks who take the time to coach us Newbies through our first Camino.

Buen Camino and blessings to all, Sarah

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Sounds like a good plan to me, Sarah! Just follow the usual advice on the forum about packing and unpredictable weather etc. Oh, and don't miss your flight home when you get to Burgos like I did, or you could end up walking on to Santiago sooner than you think! :D

Buen Camino!

Thanks tyrrek! I'm just at that terrified but super excited What have I Done stage! But I have a secret weapon/resource, my son Ben just returned from The Camino 2 days ago so I have a wealth of advice coming to me soon. He was lucky enough to walk it in one go, SJPDP to SDC and on to Finisterre and Muxia. I would like to thank JohnnieWalker who gave him his Compostela and a big hug last week. Ben is a huge inspiration to me and I'm thrilled to be walking in his footsteps.
Buen Camino, Sarah

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Sarah,
You have lots of options. But it's hard to beat your first encounter via Camino Frances. You have been thinking about this, so I imagine Santiago de Compostella is your destination eventually. It will be there always, so from my experience do not rush. All will be well.
Buen Camino.

Thank you for your support, the planning and training coming along well. I think The Camino is meant to teach me patience as at the moment I can hardly wait to start! So thrilled that my new plan means I get to walk all the way of the Camino Frances.
Sarah

Most read last week in this forum

Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.