• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Hospitalero at Samos monastery

roberbolo

On The Way
Time of past OR future Camino
French (1999) Portuguese (2001 2005 2006 2010 2011 2014 2015) Primitive (2007 20092015) Northern (2008) Plata Fisterra Muxia (2010)

Ongoing: Portuguese (Holydays)
Hi you all pilgrims!
My name is Roberto and Im going to be at Samos Benedictine monastery as hospitalero from next 15th so if any of you is thinking about spending there a night, do not hesitate hitting my back and saying "I know you from the forum".
All the best for you, Ultreia!!!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I want to have 3 months of the Hospitallers. Where to go, where learning?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I want to have 3 months of the Hospitallers. Where to go, where learning?
Hi Natasha, SYates is right, I applied in november and made a training course in Logroño in February, then, they deploy you to an Albergue based on your preferences and their needs.

Ultreia!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
See if you can catch that mouse! Or feed him well so he stays out of pilgrim packs...

Thank you for your service.
Wilco! Will try to be smarter than him and provide him an alternative acomodation far from pilgrims belongings.
Ultreia!!

Have a great time there. With that smile, you're going to make a lot of pilgrims happy. Buen Albergue Caesar

€46,-

Hi Roberto,
I a maltese pilgrim who will be walking the Camino Frances this September/October and I plan to stay at Samos monastery on the 4th October. I have already contacted the monastery albergue via their website however did not receive any reply. This could be that I* wrote in English.
Do you know by chance if they accept reservations as I am very keen to stay there ? Does the albergue get filled quickly or normally there are beds available.
I hope I will be able to meet you if you are still there by the time I arrive.
Kind regards,
Ray Aquilina,
Malta

Hi Ray, they do not accept bookings and so far we have not filled the albergue (middle of july) Im pretty sure by these days you will easily find a bed here.
Buen Camino!!

Thank you Roberto and I hope to meet you there.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you Roberto and I hope to meet you there.
Im affraid I wont be here ( we stay in a fortnightly period) unless I win the lottery but be sure that you will find a great guy here trying to help you the best he/she can.
Ultreia!!!

Roberto, greetings I am from Canada and did my hospitalero training with the Candian pilgrims in London Ontario. Would that suffice to be a hospitalero in Samos? let me know how I can become one. thanks.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum