• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

hostal LindaMar (formerly Hostal Miraltajo)

Peter Morrill

I've just had an email from the owners, Linda & Maarten, to say that they are not opening the hostal this year. Does anyone know of any other accomodation nearby that will accept a one night stay in Easter Week? The website for Embalse de Alcantara (nearby) says that they only do 3 night bookings in high season. I am quite willing to sleep on a floor!

Peter Morrill

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Peter

They were also closed when I walked. I had the same dilemma and plumped for a very short day into Casar de Cacares (cake to die for btw) then an etapa of 32k or so to Carnaveral then onto Galisteo in 28k.

Happy planning

John

Hello Peter, agree entirely with Johnny. You can rest at Linda and Maartens place. Use their veranda if they are not home. There is a steep hill when you leave their place, but once on the top the terrain is relatively flat until you descend to Canaveral. We found the refugio there to be uninhabitable and ended up in a hostal (15 euros with breakfast) on the main road. Good food and hospitality. I hope you enjoy yourself/selves
Kevin

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum