A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Booking.com

Plata route: Albergue or hostal near Santiago

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2005), Platta (partial 2013)
Hoping to find affordable accommodation about 5 or 10 km from Santiago on the Plata route, in order to reach Santiago well before noon. Thank you for any suggestions!

handzondeck2

Camino(s) past & future
CF (x2); VdLP (x4); Portuguese (x2); Madrid (x2); S/Salvador, Primitivo, Ingles ('17) Camino 19 tba
New albergue called Reina Lupa 12km from Santiago. Excellent value. Boquexión (Deseiro/Sergude) - Albergue Reina Lupa. New albergue opened recently in late April 2018 and situated 150 metres from the main road. Has 18 beds. Cost 14 euros for bed in dormitory. Breakfast not included in the price. However, blankets, sheets and towel are provided along with hot showers. Double rooms are also available for 20 euros per person. WiFi is available in all areas. For all meals including breakfast Café bar Rosande is situated 5 metres walking distance from the albergue.

NomadBoomer

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (September 2017), Vdlp (April 2018)
I stayed at the last municipal albergue before Salamanca. I can't recollect the name but lovely, usual 6 euro. About 18 km from Santiago. Its very easy walking. We set off a little earlier than usual, great to see the dawn on the last day. In Santiago by 10:30. Worth considering?

Kanga

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata.
I don’t understand the relationship between Salamanca, Santiago - and 18km. @NomadBoomer or is the comment about Salamanca simply that you only stayed in private albergues (or other non municipal) accommodation after? Sorry, just confused!

NomadBoomer

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (September 2017), Vdlp (April 2018)
Typo . I meant to say I stayed at the last municipal before Santiago.

Camino(s) past & future
C Frances 2005, 2007
Le Puy en Velay -SdC 2009
Via de la Plata 2011
gr 653 from Oloron to Puente la Reina 2012
Gr65 from le Puy to Figeac 2013
Irun to Santander 2013
Porto to SdC 2014
Astorga to SdC 2015
Outeiro, 16,5 km from Santiago, big modern albergue. Bring food from Ponte Ulla.

Kanga

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
I stayed at Reina Lupa. It was fantastic. A brand new albergue and I was the only person there! Then a lovely short stroll into Santiago de Compostela.

Kanga

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Reina Lupa is 12 kilometres from the Cathedral in Santiago. It has a great bar/restaurant next door. Location is just off the camino, on the N525 - Concello de Boqueixón.

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Most replies

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 33 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 107 14.7%
  • May