• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Hot?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Fortunately the mornings still look quite reasonable at least on much of the CF. I start my first camino on Wednesday and I’ve been paying close attention to temps along the way.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Fortunately the mornings still look quite reasonable at least on much of the CF. I start my first camino on Wednesday and I’ve been paying close attention to temps along the way.
One of the challenges I have found is the temp after you finish walking for the day. It just gets hotter which makes sightseeing difficult and harder to sleep if your room doesn't have a modern AC.

you finish walking for the day. It just gets hotter which makes sightseeing difficult
I’m on the Portuguese right now and desperately want to go wander around the gorgeous old part of Pontevedra (3 days south of SdC) but it’s too hot.

Last edited:
Pay attention to the hourly temps too…last week temps were increasing all the way to 9pm! Very early starts best.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
One of the challenges I have found is the temp after you finish walking for the day. It just gets hotter which makes sightseeing difficult and harder to sleep if your room doesn't have a modern AC.
That’s certainly on my mind. I haven’t had to sleep without central air in years!

Most read last week in this forum