• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

How addictive is the Camino?

super7

Cycled to Santiago in 2004 (return trip with a total of just over 5400 km in 8 weeks), and not a day goes by that I'm not thinking about the trip and cycling parts of the route in my mind.

The more time passes the more I realize that I want to experience the whole thing over again, hopefully within a couple of years when my boss will allow me to have another 8 week's holiday. Sure, I had some bad experiences on the Spanish campingsites (some were extremely noisy after 12:00 at night), and the occassional driver who appeared to hate cyclists on the road, but fortunate the good memories become stronger over the years.

Are there more people out there with a similar experience, and if so, is it curable? :roll:

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Jan,

(het gaat gewoon niet meer over.......)

It will never disappear!

Paul

Daar was ik al bang voor. 'k Zal me baas alvast inlichten over toekomstige vakantie plannen.

I thought so, better inform my manager that I will need more and longer holidays in the near future.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
addiction

Camino-itis is a non curable disease and sufferers continually try and find like minded souls who share the same illness!
Judy

Most read last week in this forum