• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

How can Australian Pilgrims get credencials and passports

tsetsgee

Time of past OR future Camino
October (2013)
We are 2 Pilgrims from Australia and are wondering if it is possible to get credentials and passports in advance without joining with anyone. I have seen that it can be done in the US and UK but can it be done in australia, or can we get them from overseas?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The Australian friends of the Camino has approved Australian credentials but doesn't sell them, you need to become a member.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Depending on where you are planning to start, it often isn't necessary to get them in advance. They are easy to obtain from the pilgrim's offices in SJPP and Roncesvalles. And you can ask for them in other albergues- eg my first one had nearly run out when I reached Astorga, and I was able to get a new one from the municipal albergue when I checked in there.
Margaret

A 'credencial' and a pilgrim's passport are one and the same thing.
You can get one at the Pilgrims Office in St jean, at the Abbey albergue in Roncesvalles, at the Cathedral in Pamplona and most other towns along the Camino.

Kiwinomad06 and sillydoll We were just hoping to get them early is all, Jonny Walker I did email the blog link that you sent me but I have had no reply as yet. And ffp13 I will check it out thanks

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We have got them from CSJ in the UK. You need to pay in pounds and pay for postage - so not the cheapest option, but reassuring if you want to have them before you leave Oz.

Also we have contacts in Spain if anyone wants to be put in touch with Spanish speaking Australians who can can help with credentials etc.

Just send us a PM.

Jason.

As mentioned by ffp13, you can get your credential from the Australian Friends of the Camino, based in Adelaide. Conact http://www.afotc.org. The membership fee is $20 per annum and you can get your credential free if you are a member and you also get their newsletter. I will also send you a PM. David

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I got mine sent to Perth using the link at the bottom of this page from the Peterbrough pilgrims - arrived within a week and i sent them a donation...

Most read last week in this forum