• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

How much money??

Danielle Broe

Time of past OR future Camino
Valenca-Santiago (August 2014)
Camino Frances (April-May 2017)
Just wondering how much do people usually budget for walking Camino from SJPDP to Santiago? I'm going this day next week if anyone else is?
I know this can question can be variable from person to person but a rough estimate and personal experience from people would really help. With thanks, Dani x

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Dani, in 2015 I walked 37 days and spend about €1400 .

Wish you well,Peter.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Really depends on the level of comfort you need and how much self catering you are happy to do. I have met pilgrim that got along with 15-20 Euro or even less (living very frugal!) and others that spend 50+ Euro/day (private accommodation, restaurant meals etc.). As a rule of thumb:

Accommodation/night: Donation (which doesn't mean free!) to 15 Euro (private albergue)
Pilgrims Menue: 9-13 Euro per person
Cafe con Leche/vino/cerveza and other treats: 1-3 Euro each depending on size/quality

Buen Camino, SY

I budget 30 euros a day, but fully expect to go over as I will want private accommodations at times.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
This is good news for me. I am not a rich man but even at the higher end of 50 euro per day, which comes out to about $1500 a month is very doable for me. Too cool.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
50 Euro/day/person will allow for quite a bit of creature comforts on the Camino ;-) SY

Most read last week in this forum