• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

How to avoid the descent into Zubiri in bad weather.

MARSKA

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Sept/Oct 2023
I want to have a plan in case the weather is inclement. Is there a way to avoid the nasty little descent into Zubiri ? Walk the road N135 or taxi from Alto de Erro?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
In rain or snow I would only follow the N135 from Roncesvalles and not the path.

In dry weather I would follow the camino to Puerto de Erro where a food truck is often parked. From there walk on the verges of the N135.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I ran across a photo of that trail that I took in 2006.

It wasn't pretty then, but wasn't as washed out.

Attachments

• IMG_0546 Into Zubiri.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 32
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Not because of the weather, but because of an injury, I skipped that section in '22.

I took a local bus (from Espinal, but there are other stops as well).

Much cheaper than a taxi. I got the printed timetable from the tourist office in Roncesvalles, but you can also check it online:

Most read last week in this forum