• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

how to get from santiago de compostela to Gibraltar

davehooper

Time of past OR future Camino
September (2013)
Hopefully will arrive in Santiago de Compostela around October 27, 2013. Does anybody know easiest way to get to Gibraltar? Thank you.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Doesn't look like it can be done easily I'm afraid.

Ryanair fly from Santiago to Malaga, however they only operate a few days a week and it arrives into Malaga very late. From Malaga airport take the cercanias line to Malaga bus station (I'm sure someone on here will know the name of the station), find a cheap hotel, then there are several buses a day from Malaga to La Linea, which is the town on the Spanish side of the Gibraltar border. The bus from Malaga to La Linea takes around 3 hours from memory.

Let us know how you get on.

Hola - I have friends who make this journey. The Ryanair option is as given. They also choose from time to time to travel via Madrid/Malaga or Seville/Santiago.

Best regards

John

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
David

From Santiago you can take the sleeper to Madrid, have the morning there and then an afternoon train at 3 from Atocha station to Algeciras, gets in at about 8.15.

Taxi or bus from the station to the border, they don't cross into Gib.

C

Thank you for your answers. will look into train thru Madrid.
Buen Camino
Dave

Most read last week in this forum