• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I need a bit of help.

48Shaun84

Time of past OR future Camino
First of June 2013
I land in Madrid this Sunday. I was planning to take the Renfe to Pamplona. I'm having trouble finding any transportation to SJPDP from Pamplona on Sunday ( The 2nd). Should I just stay in Pamplona for the night then try to make my way to SJPDP in the morning ( Monday The 3rd)? I would then have to start my walk a day later (Tuesday the 4th)......

Thanks for any thoughts. :wink:

Buen Camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
There is a bus from Pamplona to SJPP each day. I made a reservation at L' Esprit du Chemin in SJPP and told them that I was coming in from Pamplona and they made a reservation for me on the bus out of Pamplona. I am remote right now so don't have the detailed info.

There is one daily Conda bus from Pamplona to SJPdP which runs until mid November. It departs from the Pamplona bus station at 14:00 and arrives SJPdP 15:45; the fare is 15 euros.

See >> http://www.conda.es/en-index.php.

See also this earlier Forum thread regarding Pamplona to SJPdP buses >> el-camino-frances/topic18162.html

MM

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
A bit of an update, if I may...

It looks like Conda and Alsa are the same company, and you can find information about this route here:

http://www.alsa.es/en/buy-and-schedules/international/?searchType=international

According to the Alsa site, there are TWO buses from Pamplona to SJPP a day, one departing at 1400 hours, and a second one departing at 1730 hours. The fare is 20 euros, one way.

To be certain of the timetable, do an inquiry with your exact dates.

I have never been able to buy bus tickets online via the Alsa website. Another site, https://www.movelia.es/en/index.html allows you to buy tickets using US credit cards, but I haven't been able to buy a ticket for the Pamplona-SJPP trip, seemingly because it's an 'International' trip.

If someone find a way, please let us know!

Another update...

I just read on another post that you can buy tickets on the Alsa website using PayPal. Excellent solution!

nreyn12 said:
Another update...

I just read on another post that you can buy tickets on the Alsa website using PayPal. Excellent solution!

Nancy.

Thanks for your update, fare and schedule info! It is great to learn that there are two buses in season from Pamplona to SJPdP.

Ultreia!

Margaret Meredith

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Instead of taking Renfe to Pamplona take Renfe to Irun. Cross the platform to board the SNCF (french train) to Bayonne. Transfer at Bayonne to the train going to SJPdP.

Links are wikipedia description of Irun station and Hendaye station.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irun_railway_station

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gare_d%27Hendaye

I have not done this and haven't figured out exactly how it works. It may mean you need to walk or transfer or get a bus from Irun station to Hendaye station.

I am also arriving Pamplona 2nd on Renfe from Barcelona and was trying to find similar solution. Thanks for the info.

Cathy

Sent from my iPad using Camino de Santiago Forum mobile app

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
It's a quirky little transfer. The train into Irun is a narrow gauge Spanish train and stops at something resembling a kiosk. You walk out of the kiosk into the parking area virtually in front of the Hendaye SNCF train station. There are automatic ticket machines inside the station to buy tickets to Biarritz, Bayonne and beyond.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Sorry for posting misinformation. The narrow gauge train to the Hendaye SNCF station is the Euskoten from San Sebastian. The RENFE station is in Spain a very short distance by foot or taxi across the bridge to the SCNF station.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back