Search 69,459 Camino Questions

If start Camino from Lugo to Santiago, can qualify for certificate?

Yuchu

Time of past OR future Camino
Via de la Plata
Is there anyone walk Camino Primitivo from Lugo to Santiago?
Its distance is about 100km.
Start from Lugo, can get a certificate? Or it’s not qualified?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Yes and if you walk the primitivo backwards a bit from the bus station you can arrive at a large special sign Lugo put up to mark the 100 km point. The official mojone is nearby and also a restaurant to get a stamp in your credential. Get another stamp at the cathedral. You need two a day. I would add a third later in the day as the first two are so close together.

Here is the info on the 100 km sign:

There is a lot more information at the following thread but it is unorganized due to it being posts from lots of folks.

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Although, technically, you'll want to start at the opposite end of Lugo from where you will be leaving - the entrance to Lugo on the Camino Primitivo. That's where the 100 km marker is. If you start in the middle of Lugo you are just shy of 100 km. 😉

Yes.

The "official" distance Cathedral to Cathedral is I believe inferior to 100K, and as to Albergue to Cathedral distance dunno, but the Pilgrim Office recognises it as an OK starting point so there you go.

The PO has never seemed bothered so long as you have at least a stamp from Lugo. They used to get edgy if you'd diverted to the Norte via the Verde but even that seems to have dropped out of sight. Two stamps a day and the prize is yours...

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Yes - and a wonderful place to start! My favorite little city in Galicia. I hope you are able to spend two days there seeing it all before setting off on your Camino. The Cathedral is really something. And the Roman wall is a must walk to see the city as it should be seen. From above.

The PO has never seemed bothered so long as you have at least a stamp from Lugo. They used to get edgy if you'd diverted to the Norte via the Verde but even that seems to have dropped out of sight. Two stamps a day and the prize is yours...
I noticed an old thread today about the Verde. It sounds wonderful. If you don't care for the Melida to Santiago crowds and are willing to gamble whether your compostela will be approved look into this more.

Edit: I notice that we have a sub-forum on the Verde at:

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back