• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

If you had 14 days...

LesBrass

Likes Walking
Time of past OR future Camino
yes...
Here's a little challenge for a Sunday afternoon. If you had 2 weeks... 14 days ... where would you walk? And why?

The caveat... You have to walk at the end of March. I'm looking forward to seeing your ideas. :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Here's a little challenge for a Sunday afternoon. If you had 2 weeks... 14 days ... where would you walk? And why?

The caveat... You have to walk at the end of March. I'm looking forward to seeing your ideas. :)

You must be finished your amble on the Frances if you are posting here :)
Great question...for me I choose Logrono to Leon - starting in Rioja and continuing through the Meseta, my favourite part of the Frances.
Plus in March, there would be plenty of solitude (I hope) .
Looking forward to other answers!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
You must be finished your amble on the Frances if you are posting here :)

I picked up a cold and stopped early... but my waliking buddies would like more... 2 weeks at the end of March 2018. At first we thought Primitivo but I'm not sure of the weather... so I decided that best way to get some ideas would be to ask you guys

I picked up a cold and stopped early... but my waliking buddies would like more... 2 weeks at the end of March 2018. At first we thought Primitivo but I'm not sure of the weather... so I decided that best way to get some ideas would be to ask you guys

Good healing!!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
End of March? VDLP. Start in Sevilla and walk north. That is one route you will not want to be walking much later in the year.

Based partly on the current reports from @Magwood and @Undermanager, I'm thinking that the Camino de Madrid might be my choice for next March.

On the VdlP, my favourite 2-week portion was Merida to Salamanca, which I did in late March 2017. Why? For its variety of landscapes, right number of pilgrims, good paths, perfect weather, etc.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Pick a start point on any camino and walk 14 days. No problem

I would walk the Inglés, and I'd start in the UK, or even Belgium. I find to my delight that this is a much shorter route from the Northwest of Europe than walking through Belgium, France and the entire North of Spain. Pity there are no ferries to A Coruña or el Ferrol, that would be super.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
No surprise here: my vote goes to Astorga-Santiago, because in March you have the trails and hills more or less to yourself, and can really enjoy Rabanal, Molinaseca, the Pradela route, O Cebreiro ... and even the post Sarria part without queueing!

On the Norte . . .

Bidart, France to Santillana del Mar, Spain (Posada La Victoria in Cundon just after Santader is my favourite hotel of the Camino)

Or with a group of 4-6 people Luarca to Santiago. (In March the albergues could be empty and the friends are useful!)

Thanks for all the ideas folks... the question is not 100% for me but my walking buddies. We were wondering if anyone had walked the Primitivo in March? I'm wondering if that's too early for that route?

We came home today and it was their first camino experience... and after 11 days they are hooked and want to do more but time is difficult with work and family and school holidays... but March works for all of us?

We had thought maybe the Portuguese from Porto? Better weather? Or maybe continuing on the CF as March will be quieter?

The VdlP and Levante are out as I want to do the VdlP again in full but in spring rather than Autumn... and my other half wants to walk the Levante with me one day... but the rest are all ideas we can consider.

I think the weather will be the deciding factor... we dont mind cold but we'd prefer not too much rain and mud... any more ideas very welcome... I'll pass them on to the girls :D

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, I’m starting my Camino Frances on May 12. I’ve booked my first night in SJPDP, but I’m starting to worry I need to book more. My plan was to take it day by day and just turn up, but lots...
Hello all. Here to give a brief account of my (and many others) first day on the Camino on May 1. The trip to Roncesvalles was tough. I went Valcarlos route because napoleon was very ill advised...
I struggle with social anxiety and I was wandering if anybody with the same issue had a positive experience on the Camino walking alone. I saw lots of posts and videos people talking about forming...
I am wondering how you disconnect, in part, from the world. I have a couple of reasons that I need to be accessible but, I don't want to be constantly connected on this journey. Ideas?
Money stolen from bag on bed while sleeping. Estelle municipal hostel. Not a big inconvenience as my passport and credit cards were left.
Hello, I have reserved a night in an Albergue and the confirmation says Fecha de entrada: 2024-06-05. In the UK we would write this as 05-06-2024, is that what this means, 5th June 2024, I am...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back