• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Inspiring Quotations

"The end of one journey is simply the start of another. You have to see what you missed the first time, see again what you already saw, see in springtime what you saw in summer, in daylight what you saw at night, see the sun shining where you saw the rain falling, see crops growing, the fruit ripen, the stone which has moved, the shadow that was not there before. You have to go back to the footsteps already taken, to go over them again or add fresh ones alongside them.You have to start the journey anew. Always"
Jose Saramago, A Journey to Portugal

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
"Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason." Jerry Seinfeld

"Awe. The sense that you are very small compared to the work of God or Nature.
John Muir

That is why I love the meseta.

Attachments

• 2012-05-01 TO BOADILLA.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 10
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Beautiful...thanks for sharing.

"Which way is the Sun? I am going the other direction." - Michelle Hogan (stated one morning in late August, 2016 on the CF). A quote gushing with intention and soulful finality.

Walt Whitman's "Song of the Open Road" is very quotable and his topic is very Camino-like. Here is the last stanza, but please go and read the whole thing at this link
https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/48859/song-of-the-open-road

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I have never read all the above poem - brilliant!!!!!

Pilgrim's Credo:

I am not in control.
I am not in a hurry.
I walk in faith and hope.
I greet everyone I meet with peace.
I take only what God gives me.

---Murry Bodo, OFM

“Don’t much like quitters, son”. John Wayne

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I love mountains. I feel that mountains are huge contemplatives. They are there and they are in the presence up to their necks and they are still in it and with it and within it. One of the lovely ways to pray is to to take your body out into the landscape and to be still in it. Your body is made out of clay, so your body is actually a miniature landscape that has got up from under the earth and is now walking on the normal landscape. If you go out for several hours into a place that is wild, your mind begins to slow down, down, down. What is happening is that the clay or your body is retrieving its own sense of sisterhood with the great clay of the landscape.
fromWalking on the Pastures of Wonder
by John O’Donohue

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
From one of my favourite novelists; pertinent not just to the camino, but life in general.

Viewed from the standpoint of happiness, faith is a strong staff for the traveller to lean upon, and the march becomes easier when one is fortunate enough to possess it.

Émile Zola, 1840 - 1902

Pilgrim's Credo:

I am not in control.
I am not in a hurry.

---Murry Bodo, OFM
Fr. Murry was my High School English teacher at St. Francis Seminary in the early 70's. He was, and is, an amazing man.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Pilgrim's Credo:

I am not in control.
I am not in a hurry.

---Murry Bodo, OFM
Fr. Murry was my High School English teacher at St. Francis Seminary in the early 1970's. He is, and was, an amazing man.

Most read last week in this forum