• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Internet cafes shortly after los arcos?

PeregrinadeOhio

Time of past OR future Camino
Summer 2023
I'm trying to stay pretty disconnected on the Camino Frances, but unfortunately I have something I need to do for work that requires a computer. does anyone know of any internet cafes in the days after Los arcos? Or a way to find out where they are?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Perhaps the public library in Logrono, IF this following information is still current and your 'work' does not require more than 15 minutes.:

Internet access conditions
  • Adults have 24 computers in the reading room and children have two computers in the children's room.
  • To access the service, a La Rioja Library Network card is necessary, with the exception of those who are passing through who are offered the possibility of using a computer for 15 minutes showing their ID.
Failing the above, perhaps tourist information in the city can offer suggestions.

Torres del Rio is the next "big" town. Two upmarket places that you might try are the Albergue-Hotel La Pata de Oca and the Albergue-Hostal San Andrés. Both are centrally located on the CF as it passes through the town.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You might try seeking a locutorio when you reach a larger population centre. These are businesses that allow one to book time on a computer with or without access to a printer.

having not been in Spain for the past few years, I can't address how many locutorios might remain, but Cultural Centres or public libraries all have terminals available for members of the public. Occasionally you might arrive when a class is using them, but my experience is that staff is heroic to help out pilgrims and will almost certainly find you something, or be unspeakably miserable if they cannot.

Hotel computer centers and public libraries are great suggestions. My main concern would be your workplace's network - depending on the type of file you might need to review or send, are there security barriers from your company, which could make your work impossible to share? Also, whether your network operates on the cloud? I'd personally be reticent about PowerPoint or Excel. Non-dedicated computers can also be tough. Then there are your own company's security measures. I'd also worry if you'd have to use (and carry) a dedicated laptop to complete your sporadic work...a lot of pack weight, but it happens! We've been there too - it's inconvenient but it can work. The way of St James is worth it. :) Good luck and Buen camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back