• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Introduce

dblzro00

Hi.....I'm David.....my wife,Richie, and I plan to walk from le Puy to St. Jean Pied de Port in April, 2010. We'll do the second half in 2011. We have walked the Sea to Sea, the Cotswald Way and the West Highland Way in the last two years. I'm happy to find this site.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi David,
Welcome to the Forum. I hope you and your wife Richie have a great time of preparation.
You should find lot's of help on this friendly forum.
Col

Hello David (&Richie), I walked that route in August 2007 so my comments won't be much help to you. I reccomend that you read KiwiNomad's blog as she walked at roughly the same time as you are planning to and had to deal not only with rain and cold, but also snow. It is a very beautiful path you will enjoy it. Cheers, Janet

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi David and Richie and welcome to the Forum :) ,
I've walked the Le Puy route twice and it's tough but very beautiful. As mentioned on the forum the weather conditions can vary greatly, going from snow, wind and rain on the Aubrac plateau to hot weather further along the route so you will need the full range of clothing. In addition there are now more French walkers doing short sections so you have to be careful about accommodation, especially around public holidays. Kiwinomad's blog is worth checking out.
Buen Camino and enjoy the planning. :)

Brendan

Hi dblzro00 and welcome to the forum. I found this forum invaluable when I was planning for the Le Puy route, and people like Janet and Brendon very patiently answered my many questions. Brendon also helped me calm my fears about walking alone, and then I had the privilege of meeting him when I finally arrived in Rabanal. Janet lives just across the Tasman from me, and I have enjoyed a couple of long phone convos with her, both before I went, and after I returned.

As Brendon mentioned you might strike all sorts of April weather. I struck snow on my first night at Montbonnet, but scarcely a week later at Conques the temperature was up around 30C. So you will need to be prepared for any kind of weather!
If you have any questions I am sure you will find people here ready to help from their experience.
Margaret

Hi David and Richie,

I also will be walking from Le Puy beginning April 12 or 13. I fly back home from Barcelona on May 22. I will see how far I can get. I wish I had more time to get ready. When are you starting? Maybe we'll meet along the way.

Linnea from Albuquerque

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...
Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back