• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Introduction

Shadowfox

I live in Ireland and in 18 months time will be 40. I wanted to do something significant to mark it. As I have wanted to travel and like to walk the camino somehow appealled to me

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
From what I have read so far I understand what you say. I think each individual who does it will take something unique to them away from it. I don't have a clue what mine will be but I know there will be something. After all its the journey and not the destination that counts

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi,
I had a similar experience, only at age 60. I would say that if you will be open and allow the idea to develop, you will know whether or not the camino pilgrimage is being offered to you. I truely believe that the camino experience is a gift that is offered to some people and they can accept or refuse. When I got on the plane to Spain, I knew exactly why I was making the pilgrimage. When I left Spain, I knew why I had walked, only it was completely different. Now, 3 months later, I am continuing to be enlightened and motivated by this experience. The words that express it best for me are ultreia y suseia. I was walking up a steep incline where I came upon a man that I had seen in the refujio the night before. His feet were a bleeding mess. He was barely able to walk. Another man walking in front of me, stopped, picked up the man's backpack and simply said," Ultreya mi amigo". John

Now that was a good experience. For me I know at this stage one definite reason why I want to do it. When I am old I want to have a lifetime of experiences to draw on. Not the normal things of work and family but others such as the Camino. Its a chance to learn.

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hello, Planning Sarria to Campostela mid Sept, 2024. Both wife and I are 71 years old and from America. Will fly from Paris to Campostela. We are pretty active and estimate 10-13 miles per day OK...
I have been planning my upcoming Camino using the Wise Pilgrim Frances app. Unfortunately, it has stalled at Burgos and will not give me any information beyond that city. I have tried...
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???
Hello peregrinos, we are Sara and Giuseppe, a Italian couple, we lost today a sleeping bag, in the way, from Pamplona to Puente De la Reina, anyone has found it? Let us know please.
Greetings to everyone, my name is Emre, I am actually from Turkey but I am currently doing an internship in Paris. I have had experience with routes such as the Lycian Way before, so I think I...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.