• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Invaluable Resource

Ingridp3

Hello and thank y'all for the help.

Jason and I(Ingrid) will begin our pilgrimage in August 2008 from San Antonio, Texas. My husband and I are devout Catholics and look forward to attending Holy Mass in Spain/France and walking this way together for our intentions.

I was telling my husband that I would like to spend a day at the beach during our walk and his response to me was, "Ingrid, I really don't want this trip to devolve into a vacation; we are on a pilgrimage."

My response was, "When did walking 200 miles with blisters and bed bugs become fun?"

Though I am twenty-seven, I seem to be out of shape and attached to worldly things, like hot baths, so these three weeks will be an experience in the freedom poverty can offer a soul. My intentions during this time may be as simple as trying not to kill my husband when it gets tough and I want to run to a hotel. Now that will be a miracle! This is a good way to give thanks for my husbands successful graduation from St. Mary's law school.

St. James- ora pro nobis

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Ingrid

I hope that you and Jason have a splendid pilgrimage. I am sure there will be lots of opportunities for prayer and worship.

And when times get tough remember the old couple who were asked if during their long marriage they had ever thought of divorce. " Divorce - never " they answered... "But, murder - lots of times".

Buen Camino

John

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Friends of mine got a golf club from their priest when they got married. He told them it was to remind them of the necessity of follow through!
Good luck on the walk. My daughter and I will be walking in April so we will miss you. Hope the time is blessed. For my part I found God in the pain of the camino in 2001. This time I am more interested in finding God in joy and gladness. Either way God is on the Camino, that I know and from several not very religious sources!
michael

PaultheCanuck said:
Your posting didn't specify the route you are taking but I assume that it must be the Camino del Norte if you want to take a beach break along the way. Check out this site if you're going that way. If not there are always swimming pools...

http://www.santiago-compostela.net/cdn/ ... dn_en.html

We are going to start in SJPP to Pamplona and then skip to Leon to finish in SC. I was hoping to have time to take a day trip to Finisterre(sp) and swim in the sea. This may or may not happen, because we are flying out of Lisbon and it is our intention to see Fatima even for one hour on our way out.

We we going to allow four days for SJPP to Pamplona, one day for travel from Pamplona to Leon, and 14 day for Leon to SC. Is this enough? I do NOT want to rush. I can make a sacrifice and skip the beach...we always have the muddy Gulf of Mexico.

Oh! and thank you for the funny responses to my somewhat grim post. I do love my husband and he is VERY patient. This is going to be fun!

Do you think that I could do some damage with a walking stick rather than a golf club?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ingrid and Jason...welcome to the Class of 2008!

Gosh, choosing a difficult starting point (SJPDP) and then a desire to finish swimming at Finisterre...what a great time you both will have!

I can see it clearly...Up into the Pyrenees...Jason looking back says, patiently..."Well Ingrid...are you coming! Ingrid in Finisterre...shucking off her clothes and running into the Atlantic...yelling, "Jason, it's...it's....soooooooooooooooo colllllddddddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Great start...great finis!

Buen Camino,

Arn

So many people told me about arriving in Finisterra and jumping into the ocean as one part of the final rituals... the water as cleansing. Sitting on the earth and breathing in that clean ocean air as you watch the sun setting over that big ocean. Fire to burn your clothes. Could not do it all.
OK, October was too cold to jump into the ocean, but maybe this trip, I will be able to.
Can't wait
Lillian
Go for it , Ingrid

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.