• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is anyone starting out from Le Puy on 22 August (2013)?

Hellbo

Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy (2013)
Hello all! :D

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for the valuable advice being shared here--I check for new posts everyday. :mrgreen:

Then about me:
I'll be starting out from Le Puy on 22 August (as a solo female pilgrim) and I plan on walking as far as I can manage in the 3 weeks that I have. Is there anyone else starting out at the same time (or at around the same time)?

:?:

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi I'm walking from le Puy on 20 August . I hope to make it SJPDP in 31 days. Solo female

Thanks for your reply, which I only now read (I assumed that I would receive an e-mail notification if anyone replied to my post, but now I see that this is not the case)!

Good to know that there's at least one other solo female on the trail! I hope to catch up with you at some point, although I'm quite inexperienced and slow so this might be wishful thinking on my part. ;)

Now that it's so close to my departure, I'm getting really nervous... A lot of fears (what if...?) are arising... But I know that this is normal. And that was anyway one of the goals of making this pilgrimage: to face my fears and work through them.

Anyway, all the best to you with your Camino and perhaps see you at some point on the trail!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Don't worry about anything, it will all work out once you set off as long as you have prepared well. There is lots of advice on this forum on how to do that and what to take. There are mostly French people walking on this route so if you speak some French you will be able to interact more, with the local people and other walkers.

Don't carry much, listen to your body for how far to walk, maybe take the bus up the hill after Monistrol if you haven't trained! You will see what I mean when you get there! It is a beautiful route which I managed a lot of years older than you and not very fit. You get fitter as you go. Enjoy!

Thanks so much for your encouragement!
I've been training and preparing for two months now, so I hope to be at least somewhat prepared. I'd have been very unprepared without this forum. Thank you, Ivar, and all the pilgrims that take the time to help us newbies out!

Bonjour.

I will be arriving into Le Puy on the 19th, planning to set off on the 20th. Going all the way to Finisterra! My Spanish is pretty good, however I have a French phrase book and plan to take it from there - I'm very open to learning on the go and think it will add to the whole thing. So far hoping to rock up into and find a place to stay then sleep and take it from there. See you on the trail!! This has been planned for about a year, I did Camino Ingles last year and worked to get myself on another this year.

My name is Eddie. If you see a bumbling tall English dude struggling to communicate with people but smiling non the less, please come and say hello.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Bonjour.

I will be arriving into Le Puy on the 19th, planning to set off on the 20th. Going all the way to Finisterra! My Spanish is pretty good, however I have a French phrase book and plan to take it from there - I'm very open to learning on the go and think it will add to the whole thing. So far hoping to rock up into and find a place to stay then sleep and take it from there. See you on the trail!! This has been planned for about a year, I did Camino Ingles last year and worked to get myself on another this year.

My name is Eddie. If you see a bumbling tall English dude struggling to communicate with people but smiling non the less, please come and say hello.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone! Well.. one week from today will begin my walk across France and Spain. I see a number of posts regarding a wave of walkers and room accommodation limitations. I am one who is...
Hi. Here's a problem to which I can't find a solution. Any suggestions gratefully received! Last October I walked from Le Puy to Conques, but had to return home due to a family crisis. I'm very...
Hi everyone, I’m currently on the GR 65 going from Le Puy to Conques. I walked this camino in 2014 and now I find myself not recognizing a single bit of literally anything and I’m wondering if...
hallo. We have been using La Malle Postale to transfer our luggage each night from Le Puy en Velay. We have bad backs. They have been a great company and very reliable. Unfortunately we have just...
Hi- I am starting the Via Podiensis Camino at the end of the month. I know people swear by the MMDD guide book for this camino but I am not sure why. So far I have been making use of the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back