• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Is Fraces route too busy now.. Should I go on Norte. As a solo female

Cmoreau

Time of past OR future Camino
July 21 to -aug10
Hi

I am starting on the 22 . I was planning Fraces but it may be too crowded, or too hot. How does one decide. I am alone and want the safety of numbers around me.. Any suggestions!! thanks I leave tomorrow

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
There is sufficient capacity on the Camino Frances that you will be able to find a strategy to adjust to the number of pilgrims. Just remember that you cannot have it all: start late, walk long days, stop late, stay with a group, and stop in the popular end points. Those are a recipe for not finding a bed easily.

The Norte is likely to have enough people walking to give you company as there are more walking it now than 5 or 6 years ago. Busy maybe but not overcrowded I would think. You are right too that it will be cooler as being near the sea.
Buen Camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The Norte will be busy as well, heard reports that's it has been OK in the last few weeks but August is the crunch month.

Most read last week in this forum