• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Credential is full, where to acquire a new one on del Norte

SirenGray

Time of past OR future Camino
Fall, Frances (2019), fall, del Norte (2023)
I am currently in Soto del Barco and, because several recent sellos have been quite large taking up two spaces, I find I have only two sello spaces left. What to do? Can anyone suggest known places on the Camino ahead where a new credential would be available? Should I simply have the back of my credential stamped until I can find a new one? What a fun problem to have!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hola, most large albergues should have them, also check major churches.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hola, most large albergues should have them, also check major churches.
Thank you, Saint Mike ll. We have yet to find a church open on the entire journey, even on Sundays! Even Santa Eulalia was locked up tight yesterday… while there was a service being held inside! So bizarre. I’ll keep my eyes open for sizable albergues—and open churches—ahead.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
As a general answer to this question, May I suggest the following: take two credentials, cut the front (face) page off and then join this shorter passport onto an original, complete one. This will give you room for upwards of 65+ stamp places.
I have suggested that Camino Authorities consider producing two size credentials, one with say 30 spaces for 100km bucket list pilgrims and another with 70 spaces for the full Camino trekkers. This larger one would definitely suit those on the Via de la Plata.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The Albergue de Peregrinos in Soto de Luiña has credentials.

I hesitate to say anything about the Albergue de Peregrinos in Soto de Luiña as I don’t want to come across as disrespectful or judgemental , but I also feel I could offer an update to conditions we found there this afternoon. When we arrived at the anlbergue about 17:30, we didn’t know where to find the entrance as there was just a dirt path cutting across an unkempt lawn. We went to the left and found an open door but the vestibule was littered with trash and there was no sign of life. At the other end of the building was a French pilgrim who tried his best to help us by using Google translate. He and his companion were the only pilgrims there, and he said a man had shown up earlier, took their money and left without offering them any information of any kind. A sign on the littered desk inside told newcomers to claim a bed and someone would return at 20:30 to collect their money. I returned about 20:00, aware I was early, but no one was there and no lights were on. I looked around the desk thinking I could leave a few euros in exchange for a new credential if I spied one, but there was nothing but trash in the open drawers and surrounding area. I left quickly and met the two pilgrims coming back from town. They said they were still the only pilgrims there, and they hadn’t seen anyone else but me.

Perhaps in the busier summer months there are more pilgrims to give the place life. But if I had planned to stay there today after a full day’s walk, I would have been very uncomfortable. While the sleeping area and the bathrooms looked clean, the rest of the albergue looked sad, tired, dirty and on the verge of abandonment.

I offer this merely as a precaution to consider when deciding where to stay in Soto de Luiña…and also that it may not be a viable option for a credential, especially later into October.

As a general answer to this question, May I suggest the following: take two credentials, cut the front (face) page off and then join this shorter passport onto an original, complete one. This will give you room for upwards of 65+ stamp places.
I have suggested that Camino Authorities consider producing two size credentials, one with say 30 spaces for 100km bucket list pilgrims and another with 70 spaces for the full Camino trekkers. This larger one would definitely suit those on the Via de la Plata.
Or, you can just use two credentials without all of the cutting and pasting. I have done that on several caminos. There is no requirement in the pilgrim office that all stamps be in one long credential.

If everything fails just attach a sheet of paper with glue to your credencial.
Just make sure to find a "real" credencial before Baamonde, if you want to get the Compostela. In the past few years, Pilgrims' Office is becoming less tolerant of DIY credenciales for the last 100km.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Just make sure to find a "real" credencial before Baamonde, if you want to get the Compostela. In the past few years, Pilgrims' Office is becoming less tolerant of DIY credenciales for the last 100km.
@SirenGray already has an official credential. She is just running out of room. It's okay to collect stamps on an additional sheet of paper attached to the credential.

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back