• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is there a gite in Toulouse?

• Thread starter Former member 38395
  • Start date
F

Former member 38395

I'll be in Toulouse this coming Sunday and looking for an inexpensive place to spend the night?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Never been there but Miam Miam Dodo lists four, Gite la Halte des Jacobins, 9 rue Joseph Lakanal is listed as English spoken, look them up on maplandia

There has been a report that the Halte des Pélerins at Toulouse was no longer available. So, try it, but be prepared to consider alternatives.
The webpage of “Via Tolosana” includes a list of lodgements, with the note that Toulouse proper is “difficult”.
There is a gite in Bazièges, 23 km before Toulouse ; and in Leguevin, 20 km after the beautiful “pink city”.
As it is usual in France, you need to call before arriving.
There is a “benevole” or volunteer from the local “jacquaire” association in the Saint Sernin basilica, from April 1 to October 31th, 15h00 to 18h00, welcoming pilgrims.
Buen camino!

Last edited:
Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Felipe may be correct so here are the rest straight from MMD 2015-2015 Maison diocesaine du Christ-Roi at 28 rue de l'Aude; youth hostel Accueil pelerins au Foyer des Jeunes Travailleurs (metro Jolimont so probably not on the Chemin) at 2 avenue Yves Brunot; and another youth hostel Accueil pelerins au Foyer des Jeunes Travailleurs 20 Grande rue Nazareth in the middle of town. All require a credencial There is also a one star hotel listed Hotel Beausejour, at 4 rue Caffarelli, another 2 star Hotel Ours Blanc Victor Hugo at 25 place Victor Hugo Bon Marche Bon Camino!

I'll be in Toulouse this coming Sunday and looking for an inexpensive place to spend the night?
I did not find a gite in June, 2013. There are many bargain hotels. I found mine using booking.com.

You are posting in the Le Puy Route section, so I am guessing you are not walking from Toulouse. If you are, you need a guide. The markings are poor and the route complex leaving the city!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone! Well.. one week from today will begin my walk across France and Spain. I see a number of posts regarding a wave of walkers and room accommodation limitations. I am one who is...
Hi. Here's a problem to which I can't find a solution. Any suggestions gratefully received! Last October I walked from Le Puy to Conques, but had to return home due to a family crisis. I'm very...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back