A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Itinéraire pèlerin de Saint-Jacques de Compostele Vézelay Monique Chassin

2020 Camino Guides

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
My Itinéraire has just arrived, Fifth edition, and I am hard at work, I have so little French-go straight, right or left is easy enough, quickly figured out that oblique means veer or bear in a particular direction-the rest is hard going, much can be resolved with common sense and my all but defunct Latin, thank goodness for mechanical translation on the 'net.
My question: The opening page of the Itinéraire contains an important message: to consult a particular website:
www.saint-jacques-par-vezelay.eu

in order to obtain recent updates. Punched it in and the computer comes back "Never heard of such a place" No Longer Available" "Go Away You Bother Me" and the like. Has this site crashed? Is it really gone? Is there a different place to look? I am more than happy with what I received and will be working on my Camino until I leave in April but would be nice to access any update.

Thank you

pudgypilgrim

Camino(s) past & future
voie de tours 2015
When I go to that site now I get the following message:

Information : l’association « Saint-Jacques par Vézelay » ayant cessé son activité au 1er juillet 2013, le site a été suspendu.
which is to say that the Association Saint-Jacques par Vézelay ceased activity on July 1, 2013 and the site has been suspended.

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
Thanks pudge, my computer is often impolite, refusing to talk with me and I never saw the message-still the material I have is quite comprehensive and I am sure to manage-thanks!

jl

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances('05, '07), Aragonese ('05), del Norte / Primitivo ('09), Via Tolosana (Toulouse '05), Via Podiensis (Le Puy '07), Via Lemovicensis (Troyes '09), VF ('12), Winter Camino ('13/'14) Cammino d'Assisi ('14) Jakobseweg (Leipzig - Paris '15) San Salvador/Norte ('15) Ignaciano ('16) Invierno ('16)
Well, if you're not philosophically opposed to Facebook (I am, so I totally get it if you don't want to go there), the book does have a Facebook page:/QUOTE]

That is a problem with many things these days. I have a strong dislike of joining Facebook, and so am excluded from a number of discussion avenues because the only choice is Facebook. A pity - it works both ways, I don't communicate with them, nor they with me. Janet

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Well, if you're not philosophically opposed to Facebook (I am, so I totally get it if you don't want to go there), the book does have a Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Itin...la-voie-historique-de-Vézelay/120184838054290
Thanks again pudge, the facebook page seems to have many partial updates which I am copying, the full text of each one refers back to the saint-jacques-par-vezelay.eu site which as we discovered is gone. I am willing to take any crumb. No, not philosophically against Facebook but I do have issues with pilgrims who are so focused on their smartphones they bump into things while walking, fight over who plugs in first to recharge, and who don't pick up their heads when meeting other pilgrims in coffee shops, bars, albergues, gites, or on the Camino/Chemin. That is, however. another issue. Thanks again and now I'll will return to my Sisyphusian efforts at translation.

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
D The Vézelay Route 5
OLDER threads on this topic
Itineraire du Pelerin de Saint-Jacques

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 193 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 318 25.0%
  • June

Votes: 92 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 363 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 154 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock