• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

It's all coming together

KerrieG

Time of past OR future Camino
Part CF (2016), Camino Frances (2019)
My sister Deb and I, from Mittagong and Sydney NSW will be stepping out from St Jean on the 24th September, 2019 (as it turns out this is the exact date that I stopped walking in 2016!) walking through to Santiago de Compostela and hopefully beyond. We have about 7 weeks to take our time, flying home on my birthday, 14th November. Flights are booked, a night in Madrid and Pamplona and 2 nights in St Jean before heading off. Orisson and Roncesvalles booked and then we'll wing from there. We are both still searching for those elusive perfect shoes and forever tweaking the packing list. So excited to be heading off again; I've got company this time, so there'll be no turning back this time!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
My sister Deb and I, from Mittagong and Sydney NSW will be stepping out from St Jean on the 24th September, 2019 (as it turns out this is the exact date that I stopped walking in 2016!) walking through to Santiago de Compostela and hopefully beyond. We have about 7 weeks to take our time, flying home on my birthday, 14th November. Flights are booked, a night in Madrid and Pamplona and 2 nights in St Jean before heading off. Orisson and Roncesvalles booked and then we'll wing from there. We are both still searching for those elusive perfect shoes and forever tweaking the packing list. So excited to be heading off again; I've got company this time, so there'll be no turning back this time!
Hi Kerrie - so excited for you. I begin my first Camino just about a week ahead of you but I will be walking alone. I'm curious, you mentioned you "got company this time, so there'll be no turning back this time!" I'm curious what your experience was in 2016 and if you have any advice for me as I will be walking by myself but hopefully not alone, if that makes sense. I do have moments of apprehension so any advice would be appreciated.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Kerrie - so excited for you. I begin my first Camino just about a week ahead of you but I will be walking alone. I'm curious, you mentioned you "got company this time, so there'll be no turning back this time!" I'm curious what your experience was in 2016 and if you have any advice for me as I will be walking by myself but hopefully not alone, if that makes sense. I do have moments of apprehension so any advice would be appreciated.
Hi Gracy, it's all very exciting, isn't it! Yes, I set off on my own in 2016, (I had wanted to go alone) and by the time I'd got to Pamplona I had decided I needed to go home! Nothing anyone said to me made a difference and to this day I don't really know why I felt that way. I thought I was ok with my decision, so made arrangements - changed my flight ($1,200 later) and flew home, only having been away for 2 weeks instead of the planned 5 weeks. It didn't take long for me to regret my decision and wished that I had just stuck it out a little longer and I'm sure I'd have settled into the whole thing. I think it's only natural to have some apprehension, but my advice is to reach out to others (I did do that) and try to stick with it just a little longer. If in the long run, you are not enjoying yourself, don't go home! Go to the coast or travel around and enjoy some of the wonderful places there are to see. I have been wanting to go again, but couldn't get anyone to come with me, not trusting myself that I might chicken out again if I went on my own. THEN, out of the blue, early 2018 my sister asked me if I thought she would be able to do it. It made me so happy! Of course she can do it! And so here we are, heading off together in September. Buen Camino Gracy!

In case I forget...
A885D57D-F22A-4B6D-8FD4-2C41BFF3B2EC.jpeg

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I'll be leaving the day after--maybe I will catch up! So wonderful to be able to go with your sister. I hope you have a blast this time.

Buen Camino. May see you and your sister out there. We start on 19 September from SJPdP. Taking it slow.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Possibly see you on the trail if I catch up, leaving the day after. Buen Camino.

Last edited:
I'll be leaving the day after--maybe I will catch up! So wonderful to be able to go with your sister. I hope you have a blast this time.
Very likely you will catch us up! We'll be slow! I think it's wonderful to be able to go with my sister too! Buen Camino Lea!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I look forward to sharing the trail with you both. I start the same day and I will also stay the first night at Orrison.
Buen Camino
Woohoo! How exciting! You shouldn't be too hard to recognise :) When do you fly? We leave Sydney tomorrow/ Thursday night.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Seemed so far away, when you posted this! I hope all goes well for you and your sister. You can look forward to meeting up with some of the forum members who will be on the frances with you. That will be nice. Buen Camino, Kerrie

Seemed so far away, when you posted this! I hope all goes well for you and your sister. You can look forward to meeting up with some of the forum members who will be on the frances with you. That will be nice. Buen Camino, Kerrie
Thanks so much Kirkie! Yes, it's come around very fast! One more sleep and we are off!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...
Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.