• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

It's almost time to go

GuyA

Time of past OR future Camino
After 2+ years of planning, on retirement, countless hours of dreaming, preparing physically and mentally as best I could I leave in a week.

The adventure spans 3 countries, 5 separate Camino routes, 2,400 kilometres, 100 days, an estimated 600 villages, towns and cities to walk through.

If interested here is my blog (can subscribe to receive blog entries as they are posted). I especially welcome any comments on my latest blog posting on Packing. A real challenge in itself!

http://caminolongwalk.blogspot.com/

Wish me luck...hope to meet some of you at some point.

A excited Canadian

Guy

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Guy, sounds great....lucky you :D Sounds like you are in for a marvellous experience!
Best of luck from Ireland.

May the good saints protect you,
And bless you today.
And may troubles ignore you,
Each step of the way

Buen Camino's,

Aidan :)

What an amazing journey this will be. I'm following!
We might just bump into each other on the Francès.

Buen camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi, Guy,
This is one of those impossible dream caminos for those of us who are still working. Congrats on your retirement -- I can't think of a better way to celebrate!

I look forward to reading your blog and send all the best wishes for a wonderful camino. Laurie

Thanks for your words of advice and blog comments on ways to reduce weight and what to look out for. Much appreciated!

The most frequent comment received to reduce weight is to PDF as much information as possible, including guide books, and send it to my email address and save it on my iPad. I will look into this this week!

Guy

http://caminolongwalk.blogspot.com/

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings fellow travelers, I am hoping to do my first international trip at 57 and solo to walk the Camino Primitivo in mid-July. I want to book the trip through either Santiago Ways or Camino...
Hello, my name is Wendy and I walked the Camino Primitivo in September 2022 and I’m planning to walk the full Camino Portugues from Lisbon to Santiago beginning September 7, 2024, in honor of my...
I'll be volunteering in Santiago July 01- July 15 this year with the Camino Companions who offer services for the English speaking pilgrims, announcements at mass, English Mass at the Pilgrim's...
Hello! I and my friend Cecilia will walk Camino Ingles with start 4th of October. We are so excited to our first but not last Camino. Buen Camino to all of you.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.