• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Journal Question

linda piso

Time of past OR future Camino
English (Summer 2016)
Portuguese (Fall 2017)
Any ideas on a light weight Journal to carry? I don't want to use an electronic device, I still prefer paper and pen, but my journal, which is spiral bound, appears to be too heavy! Any journal writers have light weight options?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I take a small notebook and write v small!

Any ideas on a light weight Journal to carry? I don't want to use an electronic device, I still prefer paper and pen, but my journal, which is spiral bound, appears to be too heavy! Any journal writers have light weight options?

Maybe buy some A5 'Bank Paper' and make your own by having a few sheets bound.
Bank Paper is 50-60 gsm I think...

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
"Too heavy" are not words that go in the same sentence as "journal";-)

I've always used a small moleskine - the "sketchbook" has heavier paper (and fewer pages) than the "notebook" (lighter paper, more pages) - both work with fountain pen/rapidiograph ink - approx 3.5x5.5" (there larger sizes as well)- the covers are firm enough that you can actually write while walking

I've got a couple of little books from Rifle Paper company I'm planning on taking. They don't weigh much.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Just an idea: Use a thin notebook, when that's full post it home and start a new notebook.

I always use unlined Moleskins which I post home as I go. But, lying here on my bed in a Nájera albergue, I confess I had great intentions of filling reams of notebooks on the CF, but have only made a few notes. After showering, laundry, cooking/eating and Mass/prayer, I haven't found lotsa time for scribbling my thoughts. That said I hope your Camino will be as rewarding as mine has been so far.

Most read last week in this forum