• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

June in Porto?

vinotinto

Hey all:

I've got the time off, the desire, and maybe the cash to go from Porto to Santiago (and maybe Finisterra as well) in June (6/11 to 6/27, not counting flight days from the US to Lisbon and back). I don't want to sprint, but I do want to walk farther each day than I did on my initial Camino Frances trek in 2007.

It seems doable from Porto to Santiago from what I've seen on the board (along with the painfully gained first-hand knowledge on the Frances). But is Finisterra a bridge too far? Anyway, it's a tapas-in-the-sky idea right now, but you gotta start somewhere... :wink: Any input is appreciated!

Buen Camino,

VT :arrow:

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hola Vinotinto

Have a look at the guide to the Portugues on the CSJ website: http://www.csj.org.uk/guides-online.htm

You can walk from Porto to Santiago comfortably in 10 days - there is also the option of missing the roadwalking out of Porto by joining the route by public transport at the second stage - so potentially 9 days.

Say a comfortable 4 days to Finisterre.

3 days to play with

Happy planning

John

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Well, just bought my forum badge...baby steps! :mrgreen:

3/10/10: Ordered the Brierley guidebook and One-Day Portuguese language CD... :mrgreen:

VT

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Well...looks like I'm homebound this year. Too much going on family-wise, and finances are tight (need to put some dinero into my house).

Here's to 2011 from Porto to Santiago...gonna start planning now and hoping for the best! :cry: :arrow:

Cheers,

VT

Most read last week in this forum