Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

June in Porto?

vinotinto

Hey all:

I've got the time off, the desire, and maybe the cash to go from Porto to Santiago (and maybe Finisterra as well) in June (6/11 to 6/27, not counting flight days from the US to Lisbon and back). I don't want to sprint, but I do want to walk farther each day than I did on my initial Camino Frances trek in 2007.

It seems doable from Porto to Santiago from what I've seen on the board (along with the painfully gained first-hand knowledge on the Frances). But is Finisterra a bridge too far? Anyway, it's a tapas-in-the-sky idea right now, but you gotta start somewhere... :wink: Any input is appreciated!

Buen Camino,

VT :arrow:

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

JohnnieWalker

Nunca se camina solo
Hola Vinotinto

Have a look at the guide to the Portugues on the CSJ website: http://www.csj.org.uk/guides-online.htm

You can walk from Porto to Santiago comfortably in 10 days - there is also the option of missing the roadwalking out of Porto by joining the route by public transport at the second stage - so potentially 9 days.

Say a comfortable 4 days to Finisterre.

3 days to play with :)

Happy planning

John

vinotinto

Well, just bought my forum badge...baby steps! :mrgreen:

3/10/10: Ordered the Brierley guidebook and One-Day Portuguese language CD... :mrgreen:

VT

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

vinotinto

Well...looks like I'm homebound this year. Too much going on family-wise, and finances are tight (need to put some dinero into my house).

Here's to 2011 from Porto to Santiago...gonna start planning now and hoping for the best! :cry: :) :arrow:

Cheers,

VT

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances