• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Just Booked My Flight For El Camino (Frances)

ArkBuilder

Time of past OR future Camino
Going on my first pilgrimage 9 SEP 14
Well, the "die is cast" and I am now scheduled on Delta Airlines for departure on 9 Sep 14 for Madrid, Spain and returning on 11 Nov 14.

I will be flying into Madrid and taking ground transportation up to SJPP to begin my pilgrimage on Camino Frances. When I finish and go on to Finisterre I will later take ground transportation back to Madrid to head back to the U.S.

I will have trained with full backpack and broken in my moabs for 12 months by the time I start my pilgrimage. Yay!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Well, the "die is cast" and I am now scheduled on Delta Airlines for departure on 9 Sep 14 for Madrid, Spain and returning on 11 Nov 14.

I will be flying into Madrid and taking ground transportation up to SJPP to begin my pilgrimage on Camino Frances. When I finish and go on to Finisterre I will later take ground transportation back to Madrid to head back to the U.S.

I will have trained with full backpack and broken in my moabs for 12 months by the time I start my pilgrimage. Yay!

Wow! I remember booking my flights and everything. It was such an amazing thing. Good luck and buen camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Congratulations on your first big step along the camino - making your arrangements. I am sure that you will have a wonderful time, it is an incredible life experience.

There is a great feeling when you book the flight as there is no going back now its part of the first step of you camino enjoy.
Buen Camino

Thank you!

I have been preparing for this pilgrimage from SJPP to Santiago de Compostela since October 1, 2013.

This includes training in full backpack, breaking in my moabs expresso shoes, to acquiring information and equipment.

I even acquired my pilgrim's passport and have it ready to go.

What I'm having difficulty with is getting the step by step information about getting from Madrid to SJPP.

Many have replied but many blanks exists in the information.

I probably should just do what I did in Budapest, Tokyo, Valencia, and Paris,...... just ask once I get there and play it "by ear" in the key of "see".

What do you think?

~

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you!

I have been preparing for this pilgrimage from SJPP to Santiago de Compostela since October 1, 2013.

This includes training in full backpack, breaking in my moabs expresso shoes, to acquiring information and equipment.

I even acquired my pilgrim's passport and have it ready to go.

What I'm having difficulty with is getting the step by step information about getting from Madrid to SJPP.

Many have replied but many blanks exists in the information.

I probably should just do what I did in Budapest, Tokyo, Valencia, and Paris,...... just ask once I get there and play it "by ear" in the key of "see".

What do you think?

~
The one thing that keeps coming up in the posts on spirituality is let the Way lead you when you start your journey, Your camino starts the moment you walkout your front door not SJPdP. Like you i am going to walk my camino on the 27th of August and have done or i am in the process of doing all you have listed so much so that i have stopped planning as i need to keep the spirit of adventure alive other wise it is in danger of becoming too predictable and i dont want that to happen, I was talking to the author John Brierley of the best selling guide Camino de Santiago last week when he was in Dublin and mentioned i got my camino calling 36 years ago when i was in Santiagio on a one day business trip, I must have walked it a thousand times in my head over the years, His answer let it lead you Enjoy and live in the moment no matter how much we plan it never turns out the way we expect.

The one thing that keeps coming up in the posts on spirituality is let the Way lead you when you start your journey, Like you i am going to walk my camino on the 27th of August and have done or i am in the process of doing all you have listed so much so that i have stopped planning as i need to keep the spirit of adventure alive other wise it is in danger of becoming too predictable and i dont want that to happen, I was talking to the author John Brierley of the best selling guide Camino de Santiago last week when he was in Dublin and mentioned i got my camino calling 36 years ago when i was in Santiagio on a one day business trip, I must have walked it a thousand times in my head over the years, His answer let it lead you Enjoy and live in the moment no matter how much we plan it never turns out the way we expect.

Wow!

Great advice!

"Let the Way lead you" is going to be one of my "mantras" (sorry, I steal from other cultures /religions, but you know what I mean) from now on.

Thank you for reminding me.......

¡much gracias!

~

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
imuch
Wow!

Great advice!

"Let the Way lead you" is going to be one of my "mantras" (sorry, I steal from other cultures /religions, but you know what I mean) from now on.

Thank you for reminding me.......

¡much gracias!

~
imuch gracias is soy mucho gracias in spanish LOL see its working all ready

imuch

imuch gracias is soy mucho gracias in spanish LOL see its working all ready

~

Oops!

My finger keeps missing the 'O" key on my keyboard. Not the first time.

Okay.

¡soy mucho gracias!

ありがとう

danke!

谢谢

спасибо

Gratias tibi

~ LOL!

His answer let it lead you Enjoy and live in the moment no matter how much we plan it never turns out the way we expect.

Ergo...... "play it "by ear" in the key of "see" as I mentioned.

Just another way to say it. Right?

Thanks again for all your suggestions. Much appreciated!

~

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Congratulations on your first big step along the camino - making your arrangements. I am sure that you will have a wonderful time, it is an incredible life experience.

Thank you!

I am excited.

I flew into Madrid and took the train to Pamplona and the bus to Roncesvalles and started walking from there. I did not want to tackle the Pyrennes on my first day. For my situation that was the best for me.

~

Nice to hear.

I started training for the Pyrénées four [4] months ago and will continue to train until I leave on 9 Sep 14.

I am allowing way more time than I need so, I don't need to rush and want the full experience of Camino Frances.

Like le capitaine said "It's a very personal experience". To each his/her own.

¡buen camino!

~

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
ArkBuilder - I have been researching and semi training for the last few months. I have decided to go on the Camino Frances and will be leaving the states on 12 Sep 2014. Your post provided the final encouragement and trigger for me to buy my ticket. It's done!

Buen Camino!

Roger

ArkBuilder - I have been researching and semi training for the last few months. I have decided to go on the Camino Frances and will be leaving the states on 12 Sep 2014. Your post provided the final encouragement and trigger for me to buy my ticket. It's done!

Buen Camino!

Roger

Hi Roger.

Glad I could be a source of encouragement for you!

Send me a PM and we'll see if we can connect on Camino Frances.

I will be getting to SJPP around the time you get there and I am planning on starting my pilgrimage from SJPP on 13 Sep 14.

¡Buen Camino!

~

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi Roger.

Glad I could be a source of encouragement for you!

Send me a PM and we'll see if we can connect on Camino Frances.

I will be getting to SJPP around the time you get there and I am planning on starting my pilgrimage from SJPP on 13 Sep 14.

¡Buen Camino!

~

If you are starting on the 13th you will be at least a couple of days ahead of me. I arrive in Paris on the 13th. Will probably spend at least 1 or 2 days there. Then make my way to SJPDP. But yes, I send you a PM as I plans firm up. Thanks again. --- Roger

If you are starting on the 13th you will be at least a couple of days ahead of me. I arrive in Paris on the 13th. Will probably spend at least 1 or 2 days there. Then make my way to SJPDP. But yes, I send you a PM as I plans firm up. Thanks again. --- Roger

I am planning to take my time on this journey. I'm not in a rush so I will probably still run into you along the path.

¡Buen Camino!

~

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back