This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Last minute decision Primitivo or Norte

ritopaxi

hola a todos

i'll be flying to asturias airport on sunday and i need to decide between walking the PRIMITIVO or the NORTE ... it's a hard call :\ both seem amazing !! can anyone comment from personal experience * to see if it gets easier to follow my intuition? thank you !!! gracias !

i did the frances last time, and for this time around i would prefer a quieter route

buen camino!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Expand your experiences by doing the Camino Primitivo.

I believe that the Primitivo gets busy in August (with Spanish pilgrims), while the Norte gets busy in August with non-walking tourists (because it goes from lovely beach town to lovely beach town). But the Primitivo will be "quieter." I think you are likely to find that prices for meals, etc, rise a lot on the Norte with the influx of tourists.

There are a lot of Primitivo fans here on the forum. It goes through beautiful parts of Asturias and Galicia. Lugo is a nice small city, and there are some great albergues. good luck with your decision and let us know how it goes! Buen camino, Laurie

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
when i left the camino 3 years ago i remember feeling i HAD to go back to take el camino norte... but now more and more I feel i have to do the primitivo and your posts left me feeling that too i think i'll take the primitivo from villaviciosa to melide and on to santiago

thank you for the support!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Falcon,

Do we have any numbers for the Primitivo? This year or even the last?
Or more specific for September ?

thnx

Most read last week in this forum