• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Late arrival in Ourense...where to stay?

Geopatriot

Time of past OR future Camino
June 2015
I'll be arriving quite late to Ourense tomorrow (a Sunday) around 17:30. Has anyone stayed at the Ourense albergue in the past week? Was it completely packed with pilgrims or did it seem like it had extra capacity? Any other recommendations for cheap stays in Ourense?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
In 2013 we stayed in Hotel Alitania 35E for single. Other pilgrims there and handy for leaving in am.

I stayed at the Grelo Albergue, a couple of weeks ago, and there was plenty of room. Cost = 16 Euros.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The albergue in Ourense is really quite large (40+ places) compared to most on the VdlP, and I think most people who were planning to do just the last 100km would probably try to get there for Friday or Saturday, so Sunday might be a relatively quiet night. The doors close at 10pm.

I stayed in a commercial tourist aubergue on the left hand side of the road as you walk up the hill towards the other aubergue. Clean, spacious and around 10 minutes from the old quarter. 15 Euro if I remember correctly and it has wifi.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum