• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Le Puy in March

ShellyAnn

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning to walk Le Puy in March (2020)
Greetings fellow walkers,
Anyone planning to walk Le Puy camino early spring 2020? Or have experience to share walking this route in March? I plan to start March 2nd and roll from there. Yep, I know.. winter conditions possible but I am okay with that. Looking for accomodation recommendations or other must do's. The planning begins!

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Looking for accomodation recommendations or other must do's. The planning begins!
Miam Miam Dodo lists all accommodations, with their seasonal opening/closing dates. The 2020 edition won't be out yet, but there's so little change from year to year that the 2019 edition would be worthwhile. Then I would make sure to reserve the first week or so in advance by email, just so they know you're coming and will actually be open. (Just because they plan to be open, doesn't mean they will actually be open, if there are no reservations.)

Miam Miam Dodo lists all accommodations, with their seasonal opening/closing dates. The 2020 edition won't be out yet, but there's so little change from year to year that the 2019 edition would be worthwhile. Then I would make sure to reserve the first week or so in advance by email, just so they know you're coming and will actually be open. (Just because they plan to be open, doesn't mean they will actually be open, if there are no reservations.)
Will do and thank you. Nice job on your blog!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I'm starting Le Puy on March 28. I've emailed several places that don't normally open till April 1 or later and they stated they would let me stay if I gave them adequate notice. Really looking forward to this Camino.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I am undertaking the Le Puy way commencing on 7 June 2024. For planning I have a Cicerone Guide by Dave Whiston. I have been trying to book dormitory style accommodation for the first stage...
I have an extra private en-suite room in Marcilhac for May 8. $50. Message me!
Hi, newish pilgrim here, 20, Irish, I completed the Ingles last year and absolutely loved it, and am now setting off on le Chemin du Puy + el Camino Frances on Wednesday. I need to receive a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back