• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Leaving tomorrow!

november_moon

Veteran Member
My husband and I leave for our Camino tomorrow! I can't believe that it is finally time to go. We started seriously thinking about this a few years ago and made concrete plans about a year ago. And now it is time! We fly to Madrid, then take a train to Leon, and start walking from there (start walking on Friday morning). I am excited and apprehensive. I am thankful to you all for all the advice and information that you have given me while planning our Camino.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I am home barely three weeks and felt a quick jab of envy when I saw your post.

Have a wonderful time. Even the "less than wonderful" times will come to have meaning for you.

Buen Camino!

B

We are in our last 100k. After seeing Leon and the less than glamourous walk out of town, I would recommend seeing the cathedral and then taxi to La Virgen del Camino. From there you can walk to Villavante. One of the nicest places we have stayed is Molinas Galochas. Mercedes and Maximo were the best of hosts and their converted mill is fantastic. They have window panes in the floor to see the stream below. Youll need a reservation.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Buen Camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum