• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Leon to Santiago June 2013

Clare F

Time of past OR future Camino
Leon to Santiago (june2013)
Hello, my name is Clare and I'll be starting in leon, early June. I'll be on my own as all my friends think I'm crazy for doing this! So if you think our paths might cross drop me a msg and I'll have a good book to exchange with you.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Clare: My first Camino was from Leon to Santiago in September 2003. I walked way to fast but have learned to slow down some since then.

You'll have a wonderful time. Walk slowly, enjoy the art and architecture, eat lots of ham and drink lots of wine, get to know your fellow pilgrims.

I highly recommend seeing the museum of San Isidoro in Leon. There is an incredible Romanesque painted ceiling in the church cloister. One of the gems of the Camino.

Buen Camino,

Jeff

One scenario:
Day Stage Partial (km) Cumulative (km) Lodging
1) We, 12-Jun-2013 León - Villadangos del Páramo 20.1 20.1 R, C, H
2) Th, 13-Jun-2013 Villadangos del Páramo - Villares de Órbigo 14.2 34.3 P
3) Fr, 14-Jun-2013 Villares de Ă“rbigo - Astorga 13.9 48.2 2R, P, H
4) Sa, 15-Jun-2013 Astorga - Rabanal del Camino 20.2 68.4 2R, 2P, C, H
5) Su, 16-Jun-2013 Rabanal del Camino - El Acebo 16.6 85 R, 2P
6) Mo, 17-Jun-2013 El Acebo - Ponferrada 16.1 101.1 R, H
7) Tu, 18-Jun-2013 Ponferrada - Villafranca del Bierzo 22.3 123.4 R, 2P, C, H
8 ) We, 19-Jun-2013 Villafranca del Bierzo - Ruitelán 19 142.4 P
9) Th, 20-Jun-2013 Ruitelán - Fonfría 21.5 163.9 P, H
10) Fr, 21-Jun-2013 FonfrĂ­a - Samos 18.8 182.7 R, 2P
11) Sa, 22-Jun-2013 Samos - Barbadelo 19 201.7 R, 2P, H
12) Su, 23-Jun-2013 Barbadelo - PortomarĂ­n 18.2 219.9 R, 6P, H
13) Mo, 24-Jun-2013 PortomarĂ­n - Lestedo 20 239.9 P
14) Tu, 25-Jun-2013 Lestedo - Melide 19.4 259.3 R, P, H
15) We, 26-Jun-2013 Melide - ArzĂşa 14.3 273.6 R, 6P, H
16) Th, 27-Jun-2013 ArzĂşa - O Pedrouzo (FR 500 m) 18.5 292.1 R, 4P, H
17) Fr, 28-Jun-2013 O Pedrouzo (FR 500 m) - Santiago de Compostela 20 312.1 3R, 5P, C, H

Abbreviations
R: pilgrims public hostel.
P: pilgrims private hostel.
A: youth hostel.
C: campsite.
H: hotel, hostel, guesthouse...
FR: off-route.
Go to

http://www.godesalco.com/plan/frances

and plan your own!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Clare - my friends and I are still finalizing our plans but do expect to start in Leon as well (very excited) and if June start is in the cards, I will reach out.

Buen Camino!!!!

Looks like we are zeroing in on early June. Things starting to come together :)

Are you going from England?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Clare. A friend and I are hoping to walk a section of the Camino in September, and had hope to walk the Leo to Sanntiago section, but are wondering about how long that will take. We have got two weeks, and want to spend some time in Santiago at the end....and along the way too. How long are you planning on taking for this section?

Exciting isnt it?

Luisito

Looking back at my notes, I walked from Leon to Santiago in 12 days. Itinerary on my site. I kept a pretty fast pace overall - having walked from SJPP to Santiago in 30 days...you may want to allow perhaps 14 days from Leon.

I believe we have decided on dates: Leave Atlanta, GA on May 31 to arrive in Madrid on June 1. We will do some sightseeing in either Madrid or Leon as well as adjust to time change and aim to start walking from Leon by June 3rd. That is only 18 weeks away which is thrilling and a wee bit terrifying...must get some training walks with pack in!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Clare F. - I was getting SQL error and could not reply via the phone app so thought I would reply to the post.

Yes, I have been doing some training just to ensure I can handle it. I am in my mid-40's so I think making sure my legs can carry me is important. In the end I want to start to build endurance. The last month has been crazy and no training walks have happened but this weekend I am back on plan. Where are you starting? We are starting in Leon on June 3rd.

I love Atlanta! Have been here for about 25 years. I have not yet made it to the UK but plan to go there some day - a couple of my friends want to do a Jane Austen walk in the Cotswold area.

Have a great time on your journey!!

Buen Camino!!

Hi I am starting from Leon with 4 others on the 7th a few days after you so maybe we might see you we are 2 English 2 American and one Spaniard look out for us, :eek: we will look out for you .Not long now before we, go isn't it exciting the closer we get to the date.
Buen Camino :D

It is exciting as it gets closer Pilgrim B!! Hope to meet all of you out there!! Buen Camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
My plane takes off in 22 days bound for Madrid. Getting nervous but am very excited! Have not trained enough...my pack is too heavy and must let go of some of the fears packed inside. I have been reading a couple of blogs - mostly from a man named Bill on the Camino now: http://pgstheway.com/pgs-the-film/ it is so inspiring to see his pics and hear of his experiences (the good and the bad). Just looking forward to getting there!

I think you need to re think your pack weight if you have not done the training that you wanted to and it is already too heavy!! Take out lots of the "just in case" clothes !

Hi Claire and everybody! Good to hear from u abou the way between Leon and Santiago cause i'll do the Camino for the first time and sometimes I think if I should't had planned to do all the way from rocesvalles...but anyway it is what I get and I am very excited to do it...
Actually I am leaving Brazil (São Paulo) on 15.05.13 and arribe át. Leon on 16.05, starting the Camino on 18.05...
Is anyone gonna be át. Leon these data?
Oh and I d like some tios about going or not from Comoostela to Finisterra after spending 2 days in Santiago...
Well Claire and everybody, directly from Brazil, BOM CAMINHO!!!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi Claire -
My name is Sally, I am from Michigan, USA and will be doing el Camino on June 15th from Leon - hope to see/meet you. I am excited!!! And - NO you are not crazy. I am going with my husband and he thinks I am crazy - maybe we should travel together (lol)
Bueno
Sallly

:D :) Only fifteen sleeps before we begin, our Camino I'm buzzing with the nervous tention of begining this "Great Adventure" ! I have never been so excited, it feel like I started 3 months ago reading this Forum and getting my pilgrims forum badge.

Luisito said:
.... We have got two weeks, and want to spend some time in Santiago at the end....and along the way too.

Leon to Camino is two weeks. If you want a couple days in Santiago, then walk from Astorga.

If I only had 2 weeks for my first camino, Leon to Santiago would be my choice. It is wonderful and very varied.

Buen Camino,
David, Victoria, Canada.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Finally nearly time to leave, I fly out on Friday and start walking on the 8th June from leon. See you all out there.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.