• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Levante as of April 6 (next week)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You likely will see jist a few other pilgrims the whole stretch to Zamora. I just completed 30 days on Levante to Zamora 3 weeks ago. We did not see a single other pilgrim. Buen Camino!
Tx ! I don't really expect too many co pilgrims on the Levante. Did you find enough accomodations on the way ? Any pitfalls to avoid ?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Tx ! I don't really expect too many co pilgrims on the Levante. Did you find enough accomodations on the way ? Any pitfalls to avoid ?
Day one. Lots of tarmac, the suggested stage of Valencia is a daunting 38k to Algemesi. I walked to Silla, got train back and then next time I got train to Silla and walked to Algemesi. There are options. There is a hotel in Almufasses at about 24k and there is a municipal albergue in Pobla Llarga which makes day two 25/6 ish. Can't comment on them as didn't use. I'm living in Valencia and have done the first sections bit by bit around work, plus I'm not a fan of endless tarmac

My reaction to tarmac/asphalt is the same as @Dickwilbur‘s, and there is a lot of it on the first three or four days of the Levante. I think it finally ended a bit after Moixent (my blod, linked below, gives more details). But it is still, IMO, a totally glorious camino. @JLWV is a forum member who is very active in the Levante pilgrims association in Valencia, so say hi from us if you meet him!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Yes. There are a good range of accommodations and you will likely have the albergues to yourself until Zamora. Also as others said the opening stretch is on tarmac so we took a train about 10K south to start choosing not to walk 38k on our first day. I can’t think of any other big problems. You can get alot more info, accommodations, food, etc. on my blog if you want: http://globalpilgrim.net/category/camino-de-santiago/camino-levante/

Anybody on the Levante at that time ?
Hi @Patrice50
I hope you bump into some others on this camino. Many walkers aren’t on this English language forum - & you don’t have expectations; but it’s possible. I bumped into another pilgrim at my last night (Gotarrendura)…before we headed home (mar13.2020 !! all stopped for Covid)
For tips/info etc -
1- Have you checked out the sub-forum in this forum for Camino de Levante ? It’s within ‘other walks in Spain’.

2- there is a Spanish group guide (on line in English ) with stages., and lots of detailed info.

Edit : my link didn’t work - but check out site for ‘vieiragrino’. It’s also in English.

3- there was a thread started by @AJGuillaume during first year of Covid - a virtual Levante/ planning thread - with a whole variety of thoughts., experiences., ideas on stages., accomm ., things to see etc.

Edit: this link failed too. But it’s the top sticky thread on the levante sub forum by AJ.

Lots to check out ❤️
Im still plodding along with plans myself . Possibility I could bump into you towards the last part nearer Zamora. I’m thinking of heading back to pick up where I left off around last day of April.
Not sure yet.

If you have time ., it would be super if you could start a new LIVE thread and let us know what you find right now.

Also : that blog of Kevin’s (linked on his post above ) is really good reading.

Buen camino
Annie.

Last edited:
Hi @Patrice50
I hope you bump into some others on this camino. Many walkers aren’t on this English language forum - & you don’t have expectations; but it’s possible. I bumped into another pilgrim at my last night (Gotarrendura)…before we headed home (mar13.2020 !! all stopped for Covid)
For tips/info etc -
1- Have you checked out the sub-forum in this forum for Camino de Levante ? It’s within ‘other walks in Spain’.

2- there is a Spanish group guide (on line in English ) with stages., and lots of detailed info.

Edit : my link didn’t work - but check out site for ‘vieiragrino’. It’s also in English.

3- there was a thread started by @AJGuillaume during first year of Covid - a virtual Levante/ planning thread - with a whole variety of thoughts., experiences., ideas on stages., accomm ., things to see etc.

Edit: this link failed too. But it’s the top sticky thread on the levante sub forum by AJ.

Lots to check out ❤️
Im still plodding along with plans myself . Possibility I could bump into you towards the last part nearer Zamora. I’m thinking of heading back to pick up where I left off around last day of April.
Not sure yet.

If you have time ., it would be super if you could start a new LIVE thread and let us know what you find right now.

Also : that blog of Kevin’s (linked on his post above ) is really good reading.

Buen camino
Annie.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hello Annie, tx for the useful tips on vieiragrino and the various existing blogs (Kevin). They all make for good reading. The proof will be in the pudding. I am really looking forward to starting up and will also skip part of the 38 first k's. I'm no fan of hard surfaces.
Will try to update you all on progress.

Yes. There are a good range of accommodations and you will likely have the albergues to yourself until Zamora. Also as others said the opening stretch is on tarmac so we took a train about 10K south to start choosing not to walk 38k on our first day. I can’t think of any other big problems. You can get alot more info, accommodations, food, etc. on my blog if you want: http://globalpilgrim.net/category/camino-de-santiago/camino-levante/
Kevin, thx. I'll definitely use your blog as inspiration on the Camino as I'll be on my down.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.