• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lisbon to Santiago commencing 2nd April

FrankWall

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese (April May 2019)
Hi all,
A quick introduction as our trip to Portugal and beyond starts in a couple of weeks.

We, Sue and Frank, live in Portarlington, Victoria, Australia. We have done a bit of multi day wilderness walking, mainly in Tasmania. This will be our first trip to Portugal and Spain, and (obviously) our first Camino!

Thanks to everyone for contributing to this forum, it is an excellent resource. We have learnt a heap.

We have allowed over 5 weeks for our trip. We want to enjoy a few rest days and not have to stick to a tight schedule. Hopefully it will all work out!

Looking forward to meeting a few of you along the Way

Frank.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi all,
A quick introduction as our trip to Portugal and beyond starts in a couple of weeks.

We, Sue and Frank, live in Portarlington, Victoria, Australia. We have done a bit of multi day wilderness walking, mainly in Tasmania. This will be our first trip to Portugal and Spain, and (obviously) our first Camino!

Thanks to everyone for contributing to this forum, it is an excellent resource. We have learnt a heap.

We have allowed over 5 weeks for our trip. We want to enjoy a few rest days and not have to stick to a tight schedule. Hopefully it will all work out!

Frank.
Bom caminho and enjoy the caminho Português 😎

Hi all,

Frank.

Hello Sue and Frank:

Based on this Forum there will be at least six folks out of Lisbon from 3/28-ish on. Always reassuring knowing there will be folks around. Bom Caminho! I begin on the 29th...at least that is the plan.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Wayne & Ann two kiwis starting from Lisbon 1st or 2nd April. Looking forward to seeing you both on the trail.
Buen Camino
Excellent!

Sue wants to know if you are packed yet? She’s not quite there.......

Any tips? (We have another three weeks or so in Spain and Turkey after the Camino before we head home )

We are packing this weekend. Should be light packs at 6kgs plus a litre of water.
Don't rush the walk, each day is a journey in itself.
Last time after our Camino we rented a car from SDC and visited Salamanca, Avila, Segovia, Cuenca & Toledo

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.