• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Live from the Frances

Nandy61

Time of past OR future Camino
2010-present, multi paths & years
Ok a quick post. In Astorga at the San Javier albergue. It's lovely. A tad rustic but that's mainly the old building. Had an incredeble Japanese massage just now. 45 min for 10€. Paradiso.
Spent last night in the asan Mguel Slbergue in Hospital de Orbigo. That's after walking through mazarife. I wouldn't recommend mazarife. It's a teeny town. Very friendly, yes. But to arrive there at noon......not a lot there. HdeO was lovely. The kitchen at San Miguel was more than adequate for a pasta, artichoke, courgettes and cheese feedbag! The town us three or four times the size of mazarife. FYI.
Astorga is lovely. Worth arriving here early to explore.

Hmmmmm what else? Santo Domingo muni albergue great. Bed bugs at the abbey (my daughter and myself) léon convent fine. Not great but not bad. Lovely Swedish hospitaleros and a special prayer service at 9:30 (Spanish time). The city is worth a layover. Great bars and restaurants. Next time.

No crowds as yet. Haven't had a problem anywhere. I think we are in the lull before the 25th. Sleeping sheet has been fine. In fact verY hot last night.
Gotta go: Brasil v netherlAnds omg! 2-1 now!!!!

buen Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Nandy, I love your signature line- and I hope it holds true for you! Buen Camino!
Margaret

OMG! Margaret, I was talking about you yesterday. I was telling a fellow pilgrim about a woman ( from the forum) who walked from Le Puy. A Norwegian I had just met told me that he was doing the camino in stages, and that the distance from le Puy to StJPdP was the same as the distance from St JPdP the Santiago. I was astonished. I knew it was far, but not that car!!! Good on ya Margaret!!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Nandy61 said:
Good on ya Margaret!!
Thanks Nandy! It was pretty far..... and about when I arrived at Rebekah's in Moratinos on the Meseta, it seemed like at least 300km too far, and I sort of wished I was finishing in Leon. But once I had reached Hospital de Orbigo, then struck back across the rural country there, I was 'hooked' again by the beautiful landscapes and villages, and in fact the last 300km sped by almost too quickly.
There were people from the forum who inspired me as well, who I knew had walked from Le Puy- and knowing that they had walked it, I knew it was possible.... so I just kept going!

Anyhow, you are sounding very positive....hope it all continues to go well, and remember to drink lots!

Margaret

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back