• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Lodging recommendation in Bayonne?

ifranz

Time of past OR future Camino
Jacobsweg 2013, Camino Frances 2015
I’m flying into Paris and then Barritz/Bayonne on June 19th. Can anyone recommend lodging near the train station?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The Hotel Monte Carlo which is opposite the station has simple correct rooms with a pleasant dining room and cafe.

QUOTE="ifranz, post: 301287, member: 38742"]I’m flying into Paris and then Barritz/Bayonne on June 19th. Can anyone recommend lodging near the train station?[/QUOTE]

I stayed in Ibis hotel, a few metres from Gare Bayonne. Breakfast was nice.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I’m flying into Paris and then Barritz/Bayonne on June 19th. Can anyone recommend lodging near the train station?
Had a nice meal on the Monte Carlo and a few drinks (on my own at the bar pre-dinner). The staff were nice and patient with my limited French. A good start to my CF last year.

Thanks for the information!

If you would like to start your pilgrimage staying with a pilgrim couple, you could try Catharina Bodenstein and her partner who take in pilgrims in their little flat by the river - I'm not sure where the train station is sorry. But they are lovely.
Catharina.bodenstein@me.com to check availability (no capital letter but my phone won't let me make it lower case)

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I enjoyed the relatively inexpensive Hotel San Miguel, about 100m from the station.

Most read last week in this forum