• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Los Huertos tomorrow

mla1

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
CF (2000); St. Giles (2013); Le Puy-SJPP (2015); VDLP (2016); Mozárabe, Almeria to Granada (2018)
Has anyone stayed recently in Los Huertos? I just came from the tourist office where they said, no way, it’s Friday! You need to make a reservation and you can’t make a reservation on Friday! They were decidedly unhelpful. I tried to call the number on gronze. No answer. Maybe it is the Ayuntamiento office and it is closed. But on gronze the comments from 2022 said just walk into the town and ask for Ursula. Has anyone tried that this year?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
About 12 km after Segovia. According to Gronze the albergue is great.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Well, the plan was to take a leisurely morning in Segovia and then a short day. But I will walk to Hostal Avanto before Santa Maria instead.

Well, the plan was to take a leisurely morning in Segovia and then a short day. But I will walk to Hostal Avanto before Santa Maria instead.
I hope it works out ok at Hostal Avanto before Santa Maria, Mary-Louise?
Los Huertos was a sleepy place when we walked through in 2018.
It will make it a much longer walk - possibly check out Añe as you go through? . Recent posts here on forum , mention the bar there has accommodation (if you can find them ).
@Keith H mentions it is run by a Hungarian couple and called ‘Bar Añe’.

Buen Camino

Last edited:
Thanks Annie. I was able to message over WhatsApp with Bar Añe - but after I reserved at the Hostal. I used the number from the Gronze page. I will stop there for lunch. The hostal is two km before Santa Maria and there is a way to get there a bit more directly by cutting off the Camino. I think that saves another km or so!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The hostal is two km before Santa Maria and there is a way to get there a bit more directly by cutting off the Camino. I think that saves another km or so!
Yes, I can see on Mapy.cz that you need to turn left off the camino at the hamlet of Pinilla Ambroz (about 6km after Ane). Take the small road to Pascuales (about 1.5km) and then right along the bigger road (CL605) for less than 1km to the hostal. I can't see any other obvious/useful points for crossing the railway line between this and the actual camino.
I hope you are keeping in good spirits despite the current accommodation challenges!

Thanks! I just had two fantastic coffees at a little coffee place in a park in Valseca (about 5 minutes from Camino at entrance of village), where I thought there was no coffee! So everything is now good! And someone bought me my second coffee. Super friendly people. And it’s a gorgeous day!

Thanks! I just had two fantastic coffees at a little coffee place in a park in Valseca (about 5 minutes from Camino at entrance of village), where I thought there was no coffee! So everything is now good! And someone bought me my second coffee. Super friendly people. And it’s a gorgeous day!
Was the place called Chiringuito Valseca on the far side of the park, and how did you know they were open/there as it’s not directly on the route?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Yes that’s it! I asked if there was coffee to be had and was pointed down the hill! My Spanish is pretty limited, but from what I understand, it is open in the mornings, then closes, then open later in the afternoons. Tuesday is her day off. There is also a panaderia but only open from 10 to 12. (Is that every day or just Saturday? Okay don’t know.) It is across the street from the building that’s says panaderia on it. 🙂 It’s not fancy but if you missed breakfast you will find some bread.

Neither of the two bars in Zamarramala were open when I walked through at 9:15. Two men walking by said they open at 9 on weekdays but on the weekends who knows. And there was nothing open on the route I took in Segovia either. I left around 8:30.

The bar in Los Huertos was open. Also the bar in Añe.

We are 4 Kiwis walking next month and also have struggled to get that part of the Camino pre booked. Have tried several times and ways to contact Hostal Avanto but no reply.

I just called them with the phone number in Gronze. If they don’t answer I would try again. At least one of the men speaks a little bit of English. Tonight I think I am the only person staying. Also: You don’t have to go into Santa Maria to get here. There is a road that goes more directly from Pinilla. And then there is a track that runs parallel to the carretera so you don’t have to walk in the road.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back