• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Poll Lost in translation.

Time of past OR future Camino
Recent:Norte/Muxia- Spring '23
MadridWay- Fall '23
And I've read the book!!
Oh...and I've seen the film based on Bill Brysons book!!!
Tough going it was too .that AT trail!!

And I've done sections in the film "wilderness" ...that was even harder going!!
Was exhausted just watching it!!
I've reaf Bill Bryson's book, too, and seen the movie...both hilarious!
I will add that I just picked up a copy of the German camino book "I'm Off Then" at my local resale shop for only 25 cents!...translated into English of course!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
And I've read the book!!
Oh...and I've seen the film based on Bill Brysons book!!!
Tough going it was too .that AT trail!!

And I've done sections in the film "wilderness" ...that was even harder going!!
Was exhausted just watching it!!
Brilliant Annette

I've reaf Bill Bryson's book, too, and seen the movie...both hilarious!
I will add that I just picked up a copy of the German camino book "I'm Off Then" at my local resale shop for only 25 cents!...translated into English of course!
Why not the German original "Ich bin dann mal weg" it's a better read as the English and Dutch translation. And it is good for your languages just saying

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Why not the German original "Ich bin dann mal weg" it's a better read as the English and Dutch translation. And it is good for your languages just saying
Peter, I have posted the extent of my limited German skills on the forum before..."Ich kann meine ubershuhe nicht finden."

Peter, I have posted the extent of my limited German skills on the forum before..."Ich kann meine ubershuhe nicht finden."
Hey, the only bit of German that finally got passed down to me generation by generation from my German great-grand-parents was "Du bist ein Esel".

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I was taught it with "zwei" instead of "ein". ;-)
An American woman on an email list I'm on recounted ordering a glass of wine in German when a companion asked, in English, "Do you want it sweet or dry?" "Dry" she said looking at the server who gave her a strange look and who shortly later brought out her three glasses of wine.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum