• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Macabi skirt shipping to EU

good_old_shoes

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés ('15, '19)
Via Coloniensis ('16)
Trier-Nancy + Le Puy-Fisterra ('17)
Aragonés ('18)
Hello pilgrims,

Has anyone of you experience with shipping to EU? How long it will take for a macabi skirt to be shipped to a EU country? I've never ordered anything from the US and therefore no experience with this kind of thing at all. There seem to be different shipping options also but I don't know anything about the US postal service. Which option to choose? And do packages usually arrive without problems?

Shipping is expensive, as is the skirt, so it would be reassuring to know that there are usually no problems and the skirt won't take several months to arrive or get lost on the way...

The other option would be to sew my own version... nylon supplex is available here.

Thanks in advance!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I have no answers to your questions. But they "introduced significantly discounted international shipping over what we had before" a week ago, according to the owner.

Turnaround in the US is quick. Three days after ordering I had my skirts. I know that gives no context of how long it would take to make it to the EU and clear customs...

Good luck - I look forward to hearing how it goes - or if you make your own.

Hello pilgrims,

Has anyone of you experience with shipping to EU? How long it will take for a macabi skirt to be shipped to a EU country? I've never ordered anything from the US and therefore no experience with this kind of thing at all. There seem to be different shipping options also but I don't know anything about the US postal service. Which option to choose? And do packages usually arrive without problems?

Shipping is expensive, as is the skirt, so it would be reassuring to know that there are usually no problems and the skirt won't take several months to arrive or get lost on the way...

The other option would be to sew my own version... nylon supplex is available here.

Thanks in advance!
I ship gifts to Germany from California. The last package was very small, pants and top for a Two year old. It cost almost $ 30 postage. The recipient had to pay another 25 Euros upon arrival. I put $ 20 as value on form. Hope this helps.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi,

We ordered Macabi skirts from France, three times (back in 2013 and 2019*), opting for
Priority Mail International or First-Class Mail International

Each time we got the parcel after one to three weeks, if I remember well. But safe!

True also for shipment of other orders from the US, with low cost (hum...) options for shipping.

* This was before the recent reinforcement of (French) tax collection rules for international orders.

Thank you all for your answers!

Most read last week in this forum

I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Hi! I am 15 days out from my Camino, and suddenly my Buen Camino app is crashing every time I try to look at my stages! I have rebooted my phone, done the "restore app" within the app, rebooted...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back