• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Made My Decision - Frances June 2021!

DarcyWalksThe World

Time of past OR future Camino
I've been lurking a bit and trying to decide which route and I think for my first Camino I'll do the tried and true Frances. I'm called to the Norte, the Primitivo, The Salvador...all of the gorgeous solitary paths....but not this year.
This year of lockdown here in Spain has been very isolating and I want to walk with people! It sounds like the Frances will provide everything a first time walker needs and from there I can do others.
Also, this may be the only year I have a full 38 days to walk and can do the entire stretch so I'm going for it! Hoping to start June 24th.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
When? And from where? Spain?
I posted in the wrong thread so I deleted that message but June 2021 and I am in Spain already and will be flying into Pamplona. Wondering if there is a border check for PCR tests at the French/Spanish border to get to SJPP.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I've been lurking a bit and trying to decide which route and I think for my first Camino I'll do the tried and true Frances. I'm called to the Norte, the Primitivo, The Salvador...all of the gorgeous solitary paths....but not this year.
This year of lockdown here in Spain has been very isolating and I want to walk with people! It sounds like the Frances will provide everything a first time walker needs and from there I can do others.
Also, this may be the only year I have a full 38 days to walk and can do the entire stretch so I'm going for it! Hoping to start June 24th.
Hi D, I too am hoping to start my CF on June 24th! Maybe we'll meet on the Camino! 2nd time for me, but I'm sure it will be different and wonderful! Buen Camino!

my 1st camino I ended up doing the norte.your right it was a little isolated the 1st week but I ended up meeting many people and hiking daily with a group of 6 people. best adventure of my life. the coast views are by far the best i have ever experienced. toward the end you do merge with the frances and many more people are there. either way you will have a great adventure but I had to put in my plug for the amazing norte route.

my 1st camino I ended up doing the norte.your right it was a little isolated the 1st week but I ended up meeting many people and hiking daily with a group of 6 people. best adventure of my life. the coast views are by far the best i have ever experienced. toward the end you do merge with the frances and many more people are there. either way you will have a great adventure but I had to put in my plug for the amazing norte route.
I have traveled quite a bit in the Basque Country, Asturias, and Cantabria already. I have even done small portions of the Norte with my kids! And I do think it’s incredibly beautiful. So beautiful maybe I wouldn’t want to do the Frances after!
I will do the Norte as well. Maybe next year. It will happen.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Are you booking albergues in advance or hoping that you can find one along the way? Are most albergues open?
I walked the Frances in 2017 and never prebooked, but I'm not sure whether it's possible in 2021. I'm hoping to walk the Frances or Norte in a few weeks.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back