• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Madrid Route and Segovia Reservations up for grabs

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
I like to walk a week or two before picking up my groups in Pamplona. It's my way of training.

Yesterday I had a partner to walk the Madrid Route from April 28 through May 15.
This morning she realized she had a conflict and can't go.
In the meantime, yesterday we made reservations in Segovia for a triple room, 2 nights at Hostal Natura for €96, which is a fantastic price. Problem is, it was non-refundable.

Soooo.... I'm looking either for a roommate or 2 roomates those two nights, or I may decide to dump my plans and just walk a different route, so the reservation is up for grabs.

Just putting it out there to see if anyone is interested in sharing the reservation.
I'm a slow but steady walker and wouldn't mind having a walking companion, at least as far as Segovia.

Our plan with other reservations was:
April 26, 27, 28 Madrid Hostal Alonso 3 nights $63 each for all 3 nights (twin room) (I can change this one)
April 29 - train to Tres Cantos and walk to Colmenar de Viejo 17k, reservations at Hotel Chiscon $30 ea
April 30 - walk to Manzanares 16.3k - I've contacted Ray y Rosa (donativo) but otherwise would book El Yelmo
May 1 walk to Cercedilla 21 k, reservations at Hostal La Maya $27 ea
May 2 Walk to La Granja 25.2k and bus to Segovia

From there, we would continue together or split and go our own way. Also from there, you don't need reservations. There are albergues that run €5-€8 the rest of the way. On my schedule, I'd arrive in Sahagun on 15 May 2018. From there I will spend one or two nights then bus to Pamplona to pick up my group.

I'm willing to walk directly out of Madrid as well, if that was important to someone and adjust the first few days of the trip. The worry is this $96 reservation for two nights in Segovia which can't be refunded. My friend will pay her share if I can't get someone to take it, but it's such a good price, I thought I'd toss it out there.

I've walked the route before (twice) and love it and it's an easy way for me to train for my group walk later in May.

Anyone interested?
Annie

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Annie, did you book this on booking or one of the other sites, or directly with the hotel? I have had a couple of cases in which I booked a hotel via booking, nonrefundable fare, and then wanted to change dates or found that my flight was cancelled due to weather. In both of those instances I contacted the hotel directly and found that they would not charge me. The penalties imposed for cancellations are not levied by booking, they are applied directly by the hotel or B & B itself. So you might get lucky, especially since it is so far out in the future. Worth a try, in any event I would contact the hotel directly. Buen camino, and good luck, Laurie

Thanks Laurie.
I booked via Booking.
I'm still not sure I won't take the room, even if I don't share it.
I'm going to wait and see if anyone responds, then if not, I'll give them a call.
It's so far in advance, they may agree to cancel it or at least change it - but even if I changed it to an "individual," I probably couldn't beat the price.
I'm, as usual, waffling about which route I'll walk... :p thought I had it figured out... but Murphy's Law always seems to win!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everybody, Which is the best way by foot : Uclès to Madrid or Madrid to Uclès (in july !)? And where find informations about accomodation ? Thank you

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back