• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Mallorca Camino de Santiago

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(15,16,18)CheminduPuy(16) Portuguese(16 VDLP(17)Primitivo(17)Ireland-3000K(18) Norte18Vasco17
A Camino de Santiago was “officially” opened in Mallorca that extends from Lluc to Palma and you then take the Ferry to Barcelona and pick up the Camino Catalan. Does anyone know this route? I am assuming now it is just the GR221? Looking for any information as I may try to walk it starting in a few days?

Via2010

Camino(s) past & future
06/07 & 12 Camino Francés, 08-10 Via de la Plata, 13/14 & 17 Camino Portugués, 18 Camino Primitivo
Hi Kevin,
I did sections of the GR 221 a few years ago and thus I am sure, that the Camino must be something different. The GR 221 follows the westcoast from Port d'Andratx to Pollenca, via Esporles, Valdemossa, Deia, Port de Soller, Embalse de Cuber (Refugio Tossals Verds), Lluc.
Here you find more detailled Information on that: GR221

It seems, that the Camino from Lluc to Palma offers two alternatives, one via Selva and Caimari, the other via Orient and Bunyola.German Newspaper Camino di Mallorca

I found this in Wikiloc: Wikiloc

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(15,16,18)CheminduPuy(16) Portuguese(16 VDLP(17)Primitivo(17)Ireland-3000K(18) Norte18Vasco17
Hi Kevin,
I did sections of the GR 221 a few years ago and thus I am sure, that the Camino must be something different. The GR 221 follows the westcoast from Port d'Andratx to Pollenca, via Esporles, Valdemossa, Deia, Port de Soller, Embalse de Cuber (Refugio Tossals Verds), Lluc.

It seems, that the Camino from Lluc to Palma offers two alternatives, one via Selva and Caimari, the other via Orient and Bunyola.German Newspaper Camino di Mallorca

Hi Kevin,

Thanks. I too have done most of the GR221 and it is a lovely walk. I may just go through Lluc though and take the GR221 in its entirety to near Palma or one of these new Caminos

Via2010

Camino(s) past & future
06/07 & 12 Camino Francés, 08-10 Via de la Plata, 13/14 & 17 Camino Portugués, 18 Camino Primitivo
I may just go through Lluc though and take the GR221 in its entirety to near Palma or one of these new Caminos
Actually it does not seem to be a newly created camino, but just taking the traditional pilgrim route from Palma to Lluc monastery ("Cami vell de Lluc") in the opposite direction. From Lluc to Tossals Verds it seems to coincide with the GR 221.

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 57 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 202 15.2%
  • May