• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Malta and Inspire head for the Camino

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
How wonderful, Falcon. Once, when I was overnighting in the Salamanca albergue I shared a bunk room with two profoundly disabled men and their personal assistants. One had cerebral palsy of a severe kind, the other had been blind, deaf and dumb since birth. The latter communicated by tapping on his PA's hand. It was deeply moving to converse with him and hear about his life journey and passion for the Camino. The men plus PA's cycled on two modified tandems, one in a tricycle bucket seat affair with PA attached, the other the ususal kind with extra belts for safety, I think. A back up car travelled ahead and every day or so they held conferances with associations for the disabled in the towns and villages they passed through. They were an unforgettable team.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
The Times
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Inspire back to Camino

Following the success enjoyed in the first Camino de Santiago Charity Challenge last September in Spain, Inspire Foundation is preparing for the next fundraising challenge, scheduled to depart on March 26.

Previously, the pilgrimage was undertaken purely for religious reasons. Nowadays, however, it has become a medium for people to get in touch with nature and away from their hectic lives.

Participants in the Camino de Santiago Challenge will be required to raise funds on behalf of Inspire and will be encouraged to join group training on Sunday mornings.

While a high degree of fitness is not required, participants will be required to walk approximately 21km a day carrying a backpack.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Now it's done, and I'm showered, fed and generally numbed with alcohol, it was great. Fortunately, the weather was cool all day, the rain held off and the terrain was rolling countryside. But...
Hi Forum! Just to reassure those starting now and the next week, but I was in Roncesvalles last night and, though full and busy, I talked to the hospitalero who told me, there were still 27 empty...
Walking the Camino Frances, since the 16th there has been a lot of mud on the trail but doable until today on the way to Pamplona! It got very difficult with the mud on the pass high up beside...
I started out from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port on 1 May. It turned out to be an unforgetable day. Above 1,000 m or so it snowed, catching many people unprepared. Later that day "many" walkers were...
I'm flying from the USA to start my Camino this week. I will check my backpack, and to protect it, I will ship it in a plastic storage bin like this one: Rather than shipping the storage bin to...
Just after 9am this morning I turned the last corner of the Camino Frances and stood in front of the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela!! It's been 33 days since I left Saint Jean Pied de Port...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back