• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

March Camino

Marja

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPP to Santiago - Finisterre - Muxia - Santiago March/April 2015
Hi everyone,

My name is Marja, and this March I will be starting my first Camino from SJPP. I can't wait ... although I am also more than a little nervous. I have found lots and lots of info on this forum over the last months, and now also found at least 3 other people starting at about the same time as me.

I receieved my Credential from Ivar today, pack is down to a reasonable weight (I think), so now I can only hope for the best and a nice walk :)

Marja

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi everyone,

My name is Marja, and this March I will be starting my first Camino from SJPP. I can't wait ... although I am also more than a little nervous. I have found lots and lots of info on this forum over the last months, and now also found at least 3 other people starting at about the same time as me.

I receieved my Credential from Ivar today, pack is down to a reasonable weight (I think), so now I can only hope for the best and a nice walk :)

Marja
Marja, wish you a great time and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hi everyone,

Marja

Buen Camino Marja!!!
I am also walking in March!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Buen Camino Marja!!!
I am also walking in March!
That is great! I will be starting on the 19th, so maybe we will see each other somewhere alog the way. Buen Camino!

That is great! I will be starting on the 19th, so maybe we will see each other somewhere alog the way. Buen Camino!
I will also be walking in March, starting in SJDPP around March 23. I am very excited. I am worried that I have no Spanish - do you think this will be a problem for me ? I am traveling solo.

... I am worried that I have no Spanish - do you think this will be a problem for me ? I am traveling solo.

The Spaniards that life along the Camino are well used to that fact! it will not cause any major problems, but you will enjoy the walk more if you learn a few very basic phrases / expressions. Do a search for "Spanish" here on the forum and you will find a lot of good, free resources.

Buen Camino (Good Way)! SY

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Kathando.
Problems! Why?
Spaniards are a very friendly people.
Be not afraid. Enjoy our country and our friendship.
Buen Camino

I will also be walking in March, starting in SJDPP around March 23. I am very excited. I am worried that I have no Spanish - do you think this will be a problem for me ? I am traveling solo.

Hi Kathando! Just wanted to introduce myself as I will be arriving in SJPP on Sunday March 22nd my first camino so am beyond excited (along with the usual anxiety:)..
Where will you be coming from? I'll be coming from New York thru Madrid. Buen Camino!

David

Hi there I am coming from Sydney. Flying in to Barcelona. It is a funny feeling being apprehensive about travelling as I have travelled far and wide to many countries. This is my first trip alone, and my first in a while to a country where I don't know the language. I did imagine that along the path from SJDPP there would be many friednly local folk who are used to travellers without Spanish, my question is more in regard to navigating around Barcelona and on to SJDPP - I am fast learning some (hopefully) useful phrases - I do not want to miss out nor wander around on the edges of everything. Interesting that I have completely lost my voice just now - woke up on Sunday without it ! Maybe my vocal chords are retuning themselves to a Romance Language they know but I do not ?
Hi Kathando! Just wanted to introduce myself as I will be arriving in SJPP on Sunday March 22nd my first camino so am beyond excited (along with the usual anxiety:)..
Where will you be coming from? I'll be coming from New York thru Madrid. Buen Camino!

David

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I start March 3 from saint jean
Hi everyone,

Marja

From Montreal to St jean, looking to start on the 17th, my 31st birthday, and yeah yeah I know I shoulda done it last year, lol. Do you think people along the camino would enjoy Canadian maple syrup, think I may bring some along to give.

Good Morning from warm and glorious Pittwater ! I have been researching travel details, and would like some advice please, on getting from Barcelona to Pamplona ( and onward to SJDPP) - train looks way better, faster .... then a bus to Roncesvalles ? then a chare taxi to SJDPP ? I have tried going onto the RENFE site but it has not been working the last few times I have been there. Details are that I would like to leave Barcelona on march 22 at anytime, as I arrive the evening before. Thanks for your kindness. Kath

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back