• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

May 10th. Start of my Camino experience.

paage

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2015
Flight Booked. Will touch down in Barcelona at 10:55 on may 9. Then take a taxi from the airport to Barcelona sants, to board the train to Pamplona. There is no train schedule yet for may, but looking at a Saturday in march it looks like there is a train leaving at 12:10 for Pamplona.

Arriving in Pamplona at 16:10 according to train schedule. Getting from Pamplona to St. Jean, hoping for bus but can take a taxi. All I know is that I will be in St.Jean at the end of the 9th. :)

Starting my walk on May 10. from St. Jean to Roncesvalles.

From there and to Santiago I will just go with the flow. All I know is that I have to be back at work on June 16th.

I think I can make it :)

Preben

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Flight Booked. Will touch down in Barcelona at 10:55 on may 9. Then take a taxi from the airport to Barcelona sants, to board the train to Pamplona. There is no train schedule yet for may, but looking at a Saturday in march it looks like there is a train leaving at 12:10 for Pamplona.

Arriving in Pamplona at 16:10 according to train schedule. Getting from Pamplona to St. Jean, hoping for bus but can take a taxi. All I know is that I will be in St.Jean at the end of the 9th. :)

From there and to Santiago I will just go with the flow. All I know is that I have to be back at work on June 16th.

Preben
Buen Camino!!! Wish I was going, too! :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Flight Booked. Will touch down in Barcelona at 10:55 on may 9. Then take a taxi from the airport to Barcelona sants, to board the train to Pamplona. :)
Preben

Hi Preben, Just wondering if you know that there is a cercanias train that goes directly to Sants from the airport. It's a 20 minute ride. I can't imagine a cab will be much faster.

Enjoy. I have walked the Frances twice from early May (10th and 11th). The first vold, wet and cloudy just after the snows and the other in lovely dry sunshinw. Hope you have the later! The Rioja was boot suckingly muddy the first time and ok the next.

Hi Preben, Just wondering if you know that there is a cercanias train that goes directly to Sants from the airport. It's a 20 minute ride. I can't imagine a cab will be much faster.
Thx, did not know that. Train it is then :). dont like to worry about traffic jams when i am pressed for time. :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thx, did not know that. Train it is then :). dont like to worry about traffic jams when i am pressed for time. :)

This link will take you to the schedule on a random week day that I plugged in. Looks like the train line is R2, and it leaves the airport every half hour, at 8 minutes and 38 minutes after the hour. http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/cercanias/barcelona/

Also worth noting that the commuter line, called Cercanias in most of Spain, seems to be called Rodalies in Catalan. But the identifying little red C will help you get to the station. Buen camino, Laurie

This link will take you to the schedule on a random week day that I plugged in. Looks like the train line is R2, and it leaves the airport every half hour, at 8 minutes and 38 minutes after the hour. http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/cercanias/barcelona/

Also worth noting that the commuter line, called Cercanias in most of Spain, seems to be called Rodalies in Catalan. But the identifying little red C will help you get to the station. Buen camino, Laurie
Enjoy

Preben
Hi Preben , just go with the flow and enjoy yourself. Wish you a Buen Camino, Peter.

thx Laurie :) looks like its going to be a close call geting on the 12:10 train to pamplona :)

Enjoy

Hi Preben , just go with the flow and enjoy yourself. Wish you a Buen Camino, Peter.
will do Peter :) all im doing now, i trying to find things to do, so the time will go faster. Only 52 days to go. :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
thx Laurie :) looks like its going to be a close call geting on the 12:10 train to pamplona :)

Hmmm -- I hadn't paid attention to the short connection time. If you make the 11:38 you arrive in Sants at noon. Ten minutes to get your ticket if you haven't bought it already. I suppose it's possible with good luck, but I think, especially since it's a Saturday morning with less work traffic, a taxi might be your best bet. It's 13 km from airport to Sants according to google maps. I'm guessing you are not checking any luggage.

Anyway, all this stress will melt away once you set foot on the Camino. Wishing you a wonderful Camino, Laurie

will do Peter :) all im doing now, i trying to find things to do, so the time will go faster. Only 52 days to go. :)
I'am going in 29 day's that's almost there . Its busy at my job , so the time fly's by , Buen Camino , Peter .

Hi Preben, I also am starting on the 10 May. I fly into Barcelona on 8 May, staying overnight at airport hotel. I have booked my train to Pamplona for the 0730 am train and Istvan from Curazon Puro is picking me up. Istvan and Barbara have a great alberge in Viskarrette. I stay there with them overnight and they drive me to SJPdP in the morning in time to start walking towards Roncevalles. I booked the early train as there was nothing later on the schedule but if there is one closer to go day, I will contact them and try and change it to the later one. That will then give me time to catch the train from the Barcellona airport into Sants. The first train of the morning leaves at 0700 which wouldn't give me enough safety time to get onto the Pamplona train. If I don't change my train I will take a taxi from my hotel to Sants early. If I don't see you on the train; then good luck and no doubt I will see you on the Way. Cheers Helen from Aussie

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Preben
Hi Preben,
I arrive in SJPdP on May 8th and need to be in Santiago no later than the 14th of June. I may see you along the. In any case Buen Camino!
Bill

Hi Preben, I also am starting on the 10 May. I fly into Barcelona on 8 May, staying overnight at airport hotel. I have booked my train to Pamplona for the 0730 am train and Istvan from Curazon Puro is picking me up. Istvan and Barbara have a great alberge in Viskarrette. I stay there with them overnight and they drive me to SJPdP in the morning in time to start walking towards Roncevalles. I booked the early train as there was nothing later on the schedule but if there is one closer to go day, I will contact them and try and change it to the later one. That will then give me time to catch the train from the Barcellona airport into Sants. The first train of the morning leaves at 0700 which wouldn't give me enough safety time to get onto the Pamplona train. If I don't change my train I will take a taxi from my hotel to Sants early. If I don't see you on the train; then good luck and no doubt I will see you on the Way. Cheers Helen from Aussie

Hi Helen
I hope to catch the train at 12:10 on the 9th at least that is the one i have ticket for :) if not i have to improvise. take a later train, look for a bus or Rent a Horse. but i will start my walk from SJPdP on the 10th (I hope) :) I have about 1h and 15 minutes to get from airport to Sants. train ticket on my mobile. it is going to be close.
have a safe journey. See you on the Way.
Preben

Hi Preben,
I arrive in SJPdP on May 8th and need to be in Santiago no later than the 14th of June. I may see you along the. In any case Buen Camino!
Bill
Hi Bill guessing you are going to have a rest day in SJP. if so you will be a day ahead of me. but our ways might still cross. if it do lets take a beer :)
Buen Camino Bill.
Preben

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Bill guessing you are going to have a rest day in SJP. if so you will be a day ahead of me. but our ways might still cross. if it do lets take a beer :)
Buen Camino Bill.
Preben
That sounds like a plan. Looking forward to that and to meeting you.

Hi Preben, I am starting on the 10 May from SJPdP, see you on the way.
Buen Camino
Carlos

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back