• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

May 2007

Ludo

I decided in 1996 to walk the Camino and next year I will finally have the time to do it. I'll be 59 by then and I am a bit apprehensive about walking alone (family not interested in a spiritual journey on foot). I even considered doing the 100+ kms on horseback but the cost is quite high.
I intend to leave from London next spring towards the end of May.
Buen Camino to all who are starting soon,
Ludovica

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi !

Late May is beautiful. Lots of flowers, nice temperature at night and warm in the days. I hade one week of warm-up from Roncesvalles til Logroño this May. I am going for the rest in September, and I know what you mean when you describe your surroundings lack of interest. Some cannot believe that you actually want to do a thing like that, and some say oh that sounds wonderful, but they never find the time to go.

So, I am walking alone, and hoping to meet a lot of nice people that I can spend some time with. I am a bit frightened about going alone, but I still feel I just HAVE to go. And if I should wait until I find someone to walk with from here, I could wait until I'm old and grey. I feel it is important to follow your dream when YOU feel the time is right.

Good luck, and buen Camino ! :)

Liv

Thanks Liv! In absolute agreement with you.
Also, if like you I decided to do several stages at different times of the year, would I still earn a compostela for my 100+ km though not completed in one go?
I am still in the planning (and training) stage...
Ludo

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Late May/early June 2007

I will be walking the Camino in Summer 07, also!! I'm not sure when I'll begin--late May or early June probably. I'm walking the Camino Francés, beginning in Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port. I hope to see you there!

Hi Ludo, my partner and I are planning to walk the Camino in late May next year. Because of time limitations (i.e. work) we cannot walk all of the Camino so we are starting our journey in Leon. Perhaps we will see you there. Good luck

Buen Camino
Shell

59 is young

believe me 59 is young, and you won't BE ALONE. there are so MANY wonderful people. it comes down to a choice if you want to walk with others or be alone.
may is a wonderful month so many flowers.
i was apprehensive about going alone, THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE.
and the trail is easy to follow. have a fantastic trip. i am looking at walking for 3-4months next year!!!
dawn
that's how amazing the experience is.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The compostela is given to those who have walked the last 100km (or cycled the last 200km) in one journey. So if you are going to break your journey and want the compostela make sure you walk the section from Sarria to Santiago in one journey.

Buen Camino
William

Ludo said:
Also, if I decided to do several stages at different times of the year, would I still earn a compostela for my 100+ km though not completed in one go?
Ludo

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.